abortion

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This is hardly part of the discussion - rape and incest shouldn't even be in the same discussion, they are extreme scenarios that make up a very small minority of relevant cases, and typically are extremely violent crimes that fall into a totally separate category with special exceptions.
I agree with you there !

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Not to bring up an old argument, but I figured that I may as well chime in. I'm sort of split between the issue.

Pro-Life: Killing babies is bad. I see several flaws in the commonly used argument that a woman should be able to decide what to do with her body. That being said, I do not deny any of the physical/mental changes that women undergo; however, ultimately abortion is killing a body that is not the mother's.

Pro-choice: Circumstances. While I do believe that everything happens for a reason, I still think that abortions should be available for circumstances in which the woman had no say in the matter (i.e. she was [sorry for being blunt] raped).

I agree with the Cross' argument that the father should have a say on the abortion, as abortions not only kill the mother's child, but also the father's. Just to be clear, I am not against birth control. Sure, if you're going to have sex without the intent of having a child, use condoms and bipass the matter entirely (just please make sure you know what you're doing/the risk you're taking).

-Mahu

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
(i.e. she was [sorry for being blunt] raped).

that brings up the issue of what is "rape" - can a woman qualify for an abortion because she was raped, yet does not want to reveal the name of the attacker? (due to it being a friend/family/etc. as is often the case)? if so, how do you prevent abuse from women claiming that they were raped whenever they want an abortion?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's quite different if you give away your child for to be adoption. But if you are not, It doesn't mean that the obligation isn't still there.

No, it's not. But I fail to see why I should even attempt to explain the legal aspects of it to you so I will not.

FireCat

Reaction score
No, it's not.
Yes yes it is

When Paternity Is Agreed On or Presumed acknowledged father.
An acknowledged father is a biological father of a child born to unmarried parents, for whom paternity has been established by either the admission of the father or the agreement of the parents.
An acknowledged father must pay child support.

Presumed father. If any of the following are true, a man is presumed to be the father of a child, unless he or the mother proves otherwise to a court:

The man was married to the mother when the child was conceived or born, although some states do not consider a man to be a presumed father if the couple has separated.
The man attempted to marry the mother (even if the marriage was not valid) and the child was conceived or born during the attempted marriage.
The man married the mother after the birth and agreed either to have his name on the birth certificate or to support the child.
The man welcomed the child into his home and openly held the child out as his own.

In some states, any of these presumptions of paternity is considered conclusive, which means it cannot be disproven, even with contradictory blood tests. In Michael H. v. Gerald D., 491 U.S. 110 (1989), the U.S. Supreme Court upheld California's presumed father statute as a rational method of protecting the integrity of the family against challenges based on the due process rights of the father and the child.

A presumed father must pay child support.

Equitable parent. The law has changed a great deal in the last decade, and now in quite a few states, a spouse who is not a legal parent (biological or adoptive) may be granted custody or visitation under the notion of equitable parent. Courts apply this concept when a spouse and child have a close relationship and consider themselves parent and child or where the biological parent encouraged this relationship. If the court grants an equitable parent custody or visitation, then the parent will also be required to pay child support.

Alleged father. An unmarried man who impregnates a woman is often referred to as an alleged father, or sometimes simply as an unwed father. An alleged or unwed father will be required to pay child support if a court determines or he acknowledges that he's the father; in addition, an alleged or unwed father has the right to visitation with his child and may seek custody.

Varine

Reaction score
That only says circumstances in which a child might be conceived. It doesn't get into the legality of what happens when someone doesn't want it.

FireCat

Reaction score
That only says circumstances in which a child might be conceived. It doesn't get into the legality of what happens when someone doesn't want it.
Well, maybe. But you still have to pay things like child support. If this case comes up in court! Right?
It's another matter, if You and the other parent may well be able to agree on an "appropriate amount of child support between yourselves well or not to pay at all hmm

If you're man enough to have sex, you're man enough to pay child support!.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score

correction

It should be man enough to have sex without condom and actually be stupid enough to stay in there when you explode

what happens after ill let you and varine duke it out. Love it when you 2 posts.

Varine

Reaction score
Well, maybe. But you still have to pay things like child support. If this case comes up in court! Right?
It's another matter, if You and the other parent may well be able to agree on an "appropriate amount of child support between yourselves well or not to pay at all hmm

Are you a guy or a girl?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.