About MUI

Jedi

Reaction score
If only one unit per player can cast a spell, it's called MPI.
If more than one unit (regardless of owner) can cast a spell, it's called MUI.

My question is what is it called when a unit can cast a spell more than once before it's effect finishes? MCI (Multi Cast Instanceable) maybe?

If you use hashtable and use caster id as parent, it can be considered as mui because more than one unit can cast it independent from each other.If same unit casts spell before previous cast's effect has finished, something bad happens. but all units can use spell at the same time.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody has yet written a book about it, its more like informal terms. But if you wish you can set rules for this and call it MCI if you like. I am not gonna blame you.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, if you use a proper indexing system, it's possible to achieve this. I guess it will still be considered as MUI.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It's actually better than MUI; imagine a Life Drain on 15 units at one go.

Dirac

Reaction score
It's not a indexing system that makes it possible, it's the use of dynamic arrays or linked lists
MCI can't be achieved when dealing with an ability that has a direct effect on the unit's characteristics (such as methamorphosis) but it's completely possible if it makes sense in your head.
If you're a GUI user stick to MPI or MUI because MCI would be incredibly hard and/or slow

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a indexing system that makes it possible, it's the use of dynamic arrays or linked lists
MCI can't be achieved when dealing with an ability that has a direct effect on the unit's characteristics (such as methamorphosis) but it's completely possible if it makes sense in your head.
If you're a GUI user stick to MPI or MUI because MCI would be incredibly hard and/or slow

That depends on the ability...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.