Accnames unfinished maps treasure chest

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I just recently got hit by the fists of nostalgia. Opened the editor and had a look at all of my old gems.
Its sad I never got around to finish any of them.
So, here I go uploading them to the public unfinished and not polished.

You can do whatever with them. Some are even playable as they are. Some are just tests and funny little tricks and exploits of the editor.

I will add a short description to each map here.

Map Name: RPG
This was supposed to be a big epic multiplayer RPG.
There are 6 classes each with several unique abilities. About 30% of the terrain is done and many creeps already spawn and have an AI.
The shops are not finished at all and are just placeholders for testing.
The game features and equipment system, a bag system, several scripted skills, creep respawns and AI, a level up system, and much more. Everything, of course, done by myself.

Map Name: Shamanism
Status: Playable only by player 1, needs only little work to be fully playable
This is an RTS game with 3 custom races (gnolls, trolls, murlocs).
It was supposed to be a god simulation where 8 players take the role of native tribes and 4 players take the role of gods playing super powered avatars.
Gods would have to be supported by tribes to be able to fight each other. The tribes are fighting against each other and get support by their gods. Its a team game.
However, only the tribes have been finished and the gods were merely started when I lost interest in the project. The RTS part is finished. The tribes are fully playable.

Map Name: A-Mazing-Towerdefense
Status: Fully playable in multiplayer. Balancing is only done for 1 race.
A re-release of a tower defense I published many years ago. This tower defense has very high quality and the balancing for the human race is done.
The orc race and undead race have been started but are nowhere near balanced and the nightelven race is not even created yet. Sadly, because the original tower defense was quite fun and this remake was very promising.
Might be buggy, I can hardly remember anything about the developement, its been a while.

Map Name: Trap Master
This map was just me goofing around a little bit. It has some nifty tricks which some of you might enjoy.
This is a wc3 version of the popular game "Orcs Must Die".

Map Name: Troops
This map was a test for a custom troop system. Very nice to look at, but the game was getting laggy pretty fast, so I never really used it.

Map Name: Dungeon Crawl
This is a first person dungeon crawler attempt.
Movement with W, A, S and D. Attack with rightclick.
You will probably need to heal yourself by typing "h" in the chat.
Good luck with the aweful camera control...

... more maps to come...

Attachments

• Troops.w3x
    39.4 KB · Views: 466
  • A-Mazing-Towerdefense.w3x
    249 KB · Views: 506
  • Dungeon Crawler.w3x
    94.3 KB · Views: 463
  • TrapMaster.w3x
    52.8 KB · Views: 482
  • Shamanism.w3x
    337.2 KB · Views: 518
  • RPG.w3x
    518 KB · Views: 514

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I'm sure we've all got plenty that are in a similar place to yours (half-awesome and unfinished). I'll be sure to check 'em out once I scoop war3 back up. This is all TFT, correct?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I will finish them and publish them as my own!!
also:
Map Name: A-Mazing-Towerdefense - woaw...

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Your fucking map broke my editor noob!
I tried to open troops and it says unable to find hastables.... And then it killed my editor.

EDIT... Playing the maze defense game thing... It's pretty okay.
Then I find this:
2nbez2h.png

So a STUN turret is bad against IMMUNE, if STUN isn't effective against IMMUNE creeps I have no idea what an effective tower would be...

#2: Don't ask why I have -39 points... it said I blocked a creep and kept taking like 60 points from me every round O_O

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Immune creeps are immune versus all effects. Especially stun, slow, etc.
Towers with high damage throughput and without strong effects (the forgetower for example) are good against immune creeps.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Immune creeps are immune versus all effects. Especially stun, slow, etc.
Towers with high damage throughput and without strong effects (the forgetower for example) are good against immune creeps.

IMMUNE means no damage... Why would a potential high damage output be any better than a tower with no damage, if they are both attacking an immune unit.
No damage will be dealt?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Immune means magic immune in the context of the game.
I just wrote immune because magic immune is pretty long.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want I can play a round on highest difficulty and upload a replay.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems you like it, huh?
The finished map was supposed to get a more interesting late game. I wanted to add some "super" towers at the end which belong to all races. These super towers would cost a lot of gold and some lumber and deal massive damage. (really boring towers, but expensive as hell)
Without them the endgame is a true pain. Especially armored creeps, they take so many hits until they die, its insane.

So, did you test any of the other maps?

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Dungeon crawl.
Holy fuck is it hard to control.
I ended up clicking on the loot in the first room and couldn't reselect my champion... So i was just standing there getting attacked.
Just watching myself die :D

tried to open Troops but it crashed my editor for some reason

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Your editor is weird. Are you sure you updated your wc3 to the latest version and have no third party add ons installed?
Because the maps open just fine on my new laptop where I installed wc3 just a few days ago.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Your editor is weird. Are you sure you updated your wc3 to the latest version and have no third party add ons installed?
Because the maps open just fine on my new laptop where I installed wc3 just a few days ago.

j9sq9v.jpg

Maybe I'm just major noob :(

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The BJ at the end stands for "Blizzard Jass" so its definitely not a function I added.
These are all functions associated with hashtables and hashtables were only introduced several updates in. My guess is that your editor is not up to date since it doesnt support hashtables by the looks of it.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
The BJ at the end stands for "Blizzard Jass" so its definitely not a function I added.
These are all functions associated with hashtables and hashtables were only introduced several updates in. My guess is that your editor is not up to date since it doesnt support hashtables by the looks of it.

Hashtable freak!
I downloaded the editor from the blizzard store... why wouldn't it be up to date? :confused:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You tried to enter bnet? It should download the latest version automatically. You could also just start it up and tell me what version you have; we can compare.

I have version 1.26.0.6401

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
You tried to enter bnet? It should download the latest version automatically. You could also just start it up and tell me what version you have; we can compare.

I have version 1.26.0.6401

Version 1.21b 6052

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.