Achieving a state of region freedom

O

Old Stoney

Whenever anyone asked me what my favourite game of all time is, I would say Tempest 2000, every time, without hesitation. The game is near perfect. Flawless. A distillation of everything pure about video games in an immaculately presented game of shooting and psychedelia. Every time I return to it I know it is because the game is timeless, and not because of some rose coloured nostalgia.

A few years back, I belatedly heard of the sequel Tempest 3000 for this Nuon Game System. The other day my Nuon I won on ebay has arrived, and now, there is a challenger to the crown. I'm very happy that I tracked it down.

Now, I'm having some trouble changing my N501 to region free. Since I live in Australia, I don't have much use for a Region 1 player. However, the N501 I bought did not come with it's original remote. I bought an extiva remote off ebay, which works on the N501, but there is no 'repeat' button, so the instructions provided here aren't much help. I'm not having any luck with the methods described here either. Are there any other methods of achieving region freedom? Is it possible to get an N501 remote from somewhere.?

Also, where can I get control pads for the Nuon?

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
from time to time 501remotes turn up on ebay. Also if I remember correctly you can access the menu from a game controller. I think

T

T T

I never got the unlock to work on any N501s. It works a treat on the N504 though...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.