Activation of research, upgrades, power-up story mode

OmniSlyfer

Reaction score
Hello everyone;
My problem is simple: I have activated in sc2 editor all the units, upgrades, etc... of the campaign mode.
Now I wish to use all this power and upgrades during a normal game (in my own custom game, of course) but whenever I set the various researches in structures (or buildings), doing everything necessary, these do not appear in structures.
I noticed that there are specific upgrades for the campaign, and if I research all of these upgrades I become able to use all the technologies.
For example: the ability stimpack in technological module does not appear, but when I research "story mode technology - (Marine) stimpack", the upgrade magically appears.
Is there another way to get all the upgrades, research etc... of the story mode directly at the beginning of the game without doing any research? if the one I described above is the only method, how do I ensure that the upgrades are immediately researched early in the game?

thanks for your attention

cheers

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You could just use a trigger which runs on Map Initialization. I think the action you need to use is Tech Tree - Set Upgrade Level For Player

OmniSlyfer

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the problem persists with the ability stimpack...
I set "Technology Story Mode - (Marine) stimpack" upgrade level on 1, but this upgrade is still not appearing in technological module....
Any suggestions?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The story mode technology upgrade just allows you to research the stim pack ability. You need to use the same action again to research the actual stim pack upgrade.

OmniSlyfer

Reaction score
Sorry for my bad English, maybe I wasn't so clear ...
In Melee Initialization I set "Tech Tree - Set upgrade Technology Story Mode - (marine) stimpack Level on 1 For Player 1".
I tried to research it again, but in the Technological module I still can't research the ability stimpack; to be clearer, still doesn't display the icon "Research stimpack".
I don't know what to do!

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I am not completely sure of the problem, but if you check the requirements they have both "Show" and "Use".

Requirement nodes under the "Show" part means that that requirement must be filled for the things that use that requirement to show.

Requirement nodes under the "Use" part means that the requirement must be filled for the things that use that requirement to be enabled(it will appear grayed out otherwise)

Example: We have Upgrade A, B and C. Upgrade C requires requirement A. To make Upgrade C appear when A is researched and enable Upgrade C when B is researched, we would do the following:

Edit Requirement A and under the "Show" part add: Count Upgrade *Upgrade A* 1

and also add under the "Use" part: Count upgrade *Upgrade B* 1

The fact that stim pack doesn't show up in you technological module is probably because it got a requirement with some requirement node under the "Show" part. Try removing that node and see if it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.