Actor error on terran unit with added protoss shield

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I added some shield on some terran (and zerg too) units and when they are attacked i recive a message error referring to the actor of the unit. Do you know why? What i have to modify? Unfortunately i cant see the whole message becouse it's too long.

Tnx!​

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Yes, because terran units normally haven't shield, there are will be a lot of extra things to fix when trying to add shield to terran units, for example: in the actor-data has to be done a few things

I would try to use a protoss unit and just modify the actor/sounds of the unit and remove the wireframe in the actor data (advanced viewer)

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It was a problen in the model. When you add a shield on a non protoss unit u have to modify its "model" adding in "Attachment Properties +" a new property, set it to "Origin" change the radius to 1, shield radius to 1 and the squib (in the bottom) to "shield".

Now the unit wont have any visual effect of the shield but neither gives error when attacked.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The steps you have mentioned should work. A while ago that I had a similar issue but I can't remember how I solved it.

The error messages you receive during the game are saved into a text file which can be found here:
[User]\Starcraft II\Game Logs\
I assuming your using Vista or Windows 7. If your using XP, it should be in My Documents rather than the User folder. If your using Mac, then I wouldn't have a clue what the path is. Please post the error message when you find it.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I solved the problem, i dont want to have visual effects on the units just dont want to recive error messages when thei are hit :)

Do you need the error message?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but there is an option in the 'map info' section to hide errors, would this work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.