'actor-events'

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

Maybe it's a silly question but:

In the 'actor-event' lists are about 50-100 actor-events and some of them are green
Does this mean that I can remove all the 'green' actor-events? they seems not to be used

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Some of them are unused (if you dublicated the unit and removed the abilities from it).
Check the events and see if you need them :)
I dont actually know why some of them are green and some of them are grey. :rolleyes:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The colouring refers to where they came from (just like all the other fields in the data editor). Green means they were defined in your map. Blue means the come from a SC2 Mod (eg. Melee or Campaign). Grey means they come from the Core Mod. Typically you have the grey ones because the unit is based on the GenericUnitBase object which has these events and this object comes from the Core Mod.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I removed about 1000 actor-event and it toke about 1 hour (did I just said 1000??)

But still some of them are hard to understand what it is exactly, and I don't want mess up anything so I'm affraid to remove them and mess up the game :)

Dave312

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are removing from the unit as to which actor events you can delete. The most important thing to note is that you shouldn't be deleting any actor events that are written in grey.

It is hard to say for sure which events you can delete without knowing which unit you are making changes to and what changes you are making.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
at least I removed the grafic beam of the phoenix because I have no phoenix in game

(was written in grey)

X-maul

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I dont think that's the thing that makes it large. I can check it out for you and see what's wrong, if you want.

Dave312

Reaction score
You shouldn't be making changes to any standard units that you are not using in your map. With no changes to the unit, the game gets all the data from Mod(s) where the unit is defined, hence no data for this unit is stored in your map.. By making changes to the unit, you are actually adding data into your map which tells the game what changes have to made to the unit, thus you are actually increasing the size of your map.

X-maul

Reaction score
yes map is almost finished I publishing it soon and tell you which map it is
That's not what I meant. I suggested you to send me the map so I can open it in the editor and check out he triggers and imports to see whats wrong, then possibly being able to give you some feedback on how to optimice it.

X-maul

Reaction score
I friendly request, to help you. I wont violate your email, send it in a PM if that suits you better.
Othervise you are to figure it out yourself.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
alright I will think about it, it's just I having bad expierance with giving my email-adress, nothing personal!

X-maul

Reaction score
alright I will think about it, it's just I having bad expierance with giving my email-adress, nothing personal!
I dont take it personal at all, and I understand you on that point. Another thing you could do, is to create a new email for this the helper account? (This can be done easily with hotmail)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
pls just stop with copy and paste my messages, I think everybody can see that 'misskerrigan said' no need to place it in your thread...

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's just a matter of habit. If you press reply, it will automatically copy your message and quote it. I agree that it can be irritating to quote a longer post, but I don't see the problem with a small post like this one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.