Actor message - unable to use variables

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I'm sending the following actor message to rotate the turret of the siege tank:

Code:
Send Actor Message To Scope
    Message: "AttachSetRotation {TurretZ 0} [COLOR="Red"]0.707107,0.707107,-0.000000[/COLOR]"
    Actor Scope: Actor Scope From Unit
        Unit: caster

This will rotate the turret to 45 degrees. My problem is that the field to enter the rotation vector does not give me an option to use any variables. I'd like to be able to rotate the attachment point in any direction, not just one predetermined one.

The following actor message allows me to specify the angle to rotate. But for this action I must specify the attachment point to rotate manually. TurretZ does not work. neither does {TurretZ 0}. They both give error messages in game.

Code:
        AttachMethods: "[COLOR="Red"]TurretZ[/COLOR]"
        Rotation: 45.0

Does anyone know how I can get either of these methodes to do what I've described?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
ok, but I am unable to figure out what to put in the AttachMethods field. Anything I try only gives error in game. Do you have any examples of an attachmethod in string form for that field?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
The rotation in my first example works. The problem lies with being able to put variables in the place of the values.

My second example does not work however. AttachMethods takes a string, and I am unable to figure out how what to put there to make a reference to an attachment method.

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, if you want to make a variable for that, you probably need to make a preset.

Also, the second example shows:

AttachMethods: "TurretZ"
Rotation: 45.0

That rotation value will give errors.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Making a preset for every possible direction isn't a very workable solution, so I'll probably have to use method number 2 if I can figure out how the values are entered.

That rotation value will give errors.

You could be right. I don't know what to put there instead though. The input must be a real value, not 3 values required for a vector. If you have time, please try it and let me know what you can make out of it.

Edit: Maybe it'll be possible to look up the values properly now that the game is released. *crossed fingers*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.