add +1 to integer

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Variable - Set (your variable)
Then find Arithmetic, and set the first value to your variable and the second to + 1.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
You're wrong... I just found out the trigger action is called 'modify variable (integer)' and not 'set variable'

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
They both work, and the most commonly used is the Variable - Set.

You got a weird way of expressing your gratitude o_O

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
You can use this to add 1 as well. Instead of a specific number, go to the function tab and pick arithmetic. You'll be able to pick two values and an operator. For the first value, pick the variable you want to increase and for the second one pick 1.

It'll look something like this:
Trigger:
  • Variable - Set foo = (foo + 1)

Gratitude is when you are thankful for something someone has done. So if someone has taken time to try to help you with a problem, try to express it in a good way.
A good way to express your gratitude in this case would be to say: "Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work. However, I found the action called Modify Variable (Integer) which does what I want".
Saying it like you said, could be considered a little rude, and it might make people less likely to help you. You were also wrong when you said he was wrong, which can also make people less likely to reply, since they're afraid you'll just ignore their answers because you think they're wrong.
However, I know you know this, and you're often very good at expressing your gratitude. Just remember to keep it up all the time :)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Yes, I understand! Sorry Romek if I did insulted you! but it is not the way I meant
It's just because my english is not perfect sometimes I try to find some other words to try to be clear

'you're wrong' had to be like: 'I think it's not the way it should be solved'

Yes I know I must think better about my language/attitude

(I'm not even sure if Romek would read this post, I never saw him befor)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.