Adding a buff to a unit?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Yup. How the heck do i add a buff to a unit?
I searched and couldn't find. I don't mind if you add it by ability or trigger. I tried both ways and it didn't work out... so... Help?
In case anyone wanna know - it's for an ability. I know i can add this unit to a unit group, but i prefer using less variables now. Beside, it will be a lot better with the buff.

Whisky

Reaction score
There is no way of adding buffs via triggers, you can only remove them.

You need to use a dummy unit to cast a spell with the desired buff.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if the buff is only for the visuals use a custom aura with no effect. you can add it to a unit and remove it again. the "tornado slow aura" doesnt show any icon, otherwise you could use a hidden spellbook.

pros of auras:
the buffs of most of the spells do not stack! a unit cannot have a buff placed by 2 different faerie fire abilities for example, even though both abilities use their own different buffs if 2 buffs are based on the same buff they cannot be applied to a single unit.
this doesnt count for auras which is perfect!

cons of auras:
if you remove the aura ability the buff will stay for a little while until it vanishes. you can bypass this by removing the buff and the ability together at once.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
For positive dummy buffs, I like using Inner Fire, for negative, Acid bomb. Both are easy to change the values.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.