Adding additional tiles?

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
hey, I'm working on a new map, and I'm ready to start terraining, but I was wondering if there was some way to overload the max number of tile slots? Normally you can only have 13 tile slots, but I'm essentially wondering if there's some way I can increase this number? Thanks in advance for any help!

Kayoss666

Reaction score
i think and i repeat think you could do it with triggers but not in a fun way. i do believe it is in enviroment. but there is a action that changes the terrian type. Sorry if it isn't in enviroment don't have WE at the moment. but you could make a region at the area you want to change the terrian and say change terrian in "region" to "your terrain". once again this actually aint increasing its number but it would allow you to use more terrian types if it works and you want to put in the effort.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah it is possible with triggers.

Trigger:
  • Tile
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) to Barrens - Desert using variation -1 in an area of size 9 and shape Circle

Variation is the different variations in ground texture for your chosen tile.
Size is.... the are size :)

There is one problem though, I was not able to randomize the variations across the area. But I didn't play around a lot with the triggers.

Edit: I need to learn to read. When you use the variation -1, it will randomly pick the variations itself. In my experience using the most common the most.
That means the trigger could be just what you are looking for. However I do know that you can add tiles to your map using the Advance - Modify Tileset. But I have been trying to figure out how it works to no avail.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.