Adding Killing Quests

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Please some1 i dont no how to and ive searched the net but most sites are abit too complicated to use so if you can tell me using the post thank you :(

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
ok i wont be lazy and search 1 more time if i can't find anything post a link to a site:) so you dont have to write it down on the post :)

Edit down below
im going to bed now please post any links or anything

Kaine

Reaction score
These triggers are from a map I worked on a loooong time ago. It might be really messy because I wasn't too experienced when I was making this map about 2 years ago.

Quest is a quest variable (array)
Questreq is a quest requirement variable (array)

Trigger:
  • Tropos1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Liutenant Tropos 0033 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled TITLE HERE with the description DESCRIPTION HERE, using icon path ICON HERE
      • Set Quest[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description (Kill 10 Wandering Bones + (( ( + (String(INTEGERVARIABLE))) + ((/ + 10) + ))))
      • Set QuestReq[1] = (Last created quest requirement)
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffcc00Clearing ...
      • Trigger - Turn on Quest1 <gen>

Trigger 2

Trigger:
  • Quest1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Wandering Bones
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • INTEGERVARIABLE Less than 9
        • Then - Actions
          • Set INTEGERVARIABLE = (INTEGERVARIABLE + 1)
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: (Wandering Bones killed + ((( + (String(INTEGERVARIABLE))) + (/ + (10 + )))))
          • Quest - Change the description of QuestReq[1] to (Kill 10 Wandering Bones + (( + ((String(INTEGERVARIABLE)) + (/ + (10 + ))))))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • INTEGERVARIABLE Less than 10
            • Then - Actions
              • Set INTEGERVARIABLE = (INTEGERVARIABLE + 1)
              • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: (Wandering Bones killed + ((( + (String(INTEGERVARIABLE))) + (/ + (10 + )))))
              • Quest - Change the description of QuestReq[1] to (Kill 10 Wandering Bones + (( + ((String(INTEGERVARIABLE)) + (/ + (10 + ))))))
              • Quest - Mark QuestReq[1] as Completed
              • Trigger - Turn on Tropos2 <gen>
            • Else - Actions

Trigger 3

Trigger:
  • Tropos2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Liutenant Tropos 0033 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Liutenant Tropos 0033 <gen> named Liutenant Tropos: Play No sound and display I see. Well I don'.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Completed message: |cffffcc00Clearing ...
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add 300 experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Quest - Mark Quest[1] as Completed
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cFF00FF00All playe...

Sorry its really messy...

TomTTT

Reaction score
To create a quest you'll need a few things.
1. Variables
- Quest variable, if you want to make many quests, you'll need as an array.
- Quest requirement variable, for each quest you'll have. Need to be also an array.
- The trigger of the quest - what's causing the quest to start?
- Integer variable, to keep track of kills.
Then you'll need to combine all.
To create the quest:
Trigger:
  • Create Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of UNIT
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Help! with the description I'm having a lot of..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set Quests[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Set KillCount = 10
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for Quests[1] with the description (((String(KillCount)) + wolves!) + <Empty String>)
      • Set QuestReq1[1] = (Last created quest requirement)
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Requirement message: Kill 10 wolves!
      • Trigger - Turn on Count Kills <gen>

so the event is what i chose, whenever a unit gets near UNIT, if that unit is a hero, then it will cause the actions. So first we create the quest which i called Help! we create a description and set it to a variable, called Quests, array number 1, Quests[1]. then we set how many you need to kill at the start, which is 10. KillCount = 10. Then we create the requirement which notice i made in the middle KillCount, so that you will see how many wolves left to kill. Now we show the message, and turn on the next trigger, to count kills. Please notice it should be not initialy open.
Trigger:
  • Count Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Timber Wolf
    • Actions
      • Set KillCount = (KillCount - 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • KillCount Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Complete Quest <gen>
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: You have finished t...
          • Quest - Mark QuestReq1[1] as Completed
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: (Quest Help! - Kill + ((String(KillCount)) + more wolves.))

ok. So a unit dies, if it dies then we set the KillCount to what it is - 1. Now we check - if it's 0, means 10 wolves are dead, then we turn on the complete quest trigger, turn off this and display a message that we finished. Then we mark the requirement as completed. If it's not 0 then we write how many are left. Simple, right?
This one also shouldn't be initialy open.
Trigger:
  • Complete Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of UNIT
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add 300 experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Quest - Mark Quests[1] as Completed

So now again, if a unit comes within my UNIT, we give all units, 300 experience. Then we set the Quests[1] completed, and turn this off.
Finished!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.