Adding range

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
there is a human upgrade for riflemans that increases range, can't remember the name... improved rifles?

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
there is a human upgrade for riflemans that increases range, can't remember the name... improved rifles?
Oh, thanks, but, I haven't really messed with researching in World Editor before, so how would I go about adding range for a set amount of time with upgrades, and then take it off?

rinxx420

Reaction score
Untitled Trigger 017
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Set (Last created unit) acquisition range to 700.00

Untitled Trigger 017
Events
Time - temp_integer expires
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Set (Last created unit) acquisition range to 100.00

hope this helps

Drakeslayr

Reaction score
Whats up ninja :D

First create an upgrade that adds the range you want. Give it many levels of research so it can be altered a lot, and also make it affect the unit you want to add range to. Then using the Action |Player - Set Current Research Level|, change the level of that ability to the increment you want to add.

There ya go, hope it helps. I'm assuming this is for the megaman map you made me test right?

ninjaalamode

Reaction score
Well, I copied the rifleman range upgrade, and set the level to 3, but I don't see where I would make each level's range increase. Also, Drake, I sent you a PM.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Ok, first off, in object editor, give your hero the upgrade your using in, "Upgrades Used". Then, with triggers, make it like this: (Freehanded btw)

Code:
Event - A unit learns a skill
Conditions - Learned hero skill equal to (Your ability)
Actions- Set  level of(Your upgrade) for triggering unit to level of (Your ability) for triggering unit.

Thats all. If you wan't your hero to have a higher acquisition range, you can do so as well, just now your going to have to have another basically identical trigger, just replace:

Code:
Set level of  (Your upgrade)

With:

Code:
Set Aquisition Range for Triggering Unit to(Acquisition Range of Triggering unit plus (100 X level of (Your ability) for Triggering unit)

Just replace 100 with whatever the amount of your upgrades range increment is.

Again, its freehanded, so there might be a few word errors, but you get my meaning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.