Adding Spelldamage With Items

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
I was playing DotA( Defense of the Ancients ), and I got Scepter, which im gonna talk about here. It increases damage and decreases cooldown with all certain spells.

So i was thinking, how did IceFrog code this? :nuts:

Greeeetzzz

Crazy_Dead. :cool:

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
decreases cooldown with all certain spells.
- engineering upgrade
- i dont think sceptre decreases cooldown?? lol which spell
increases damage
these are usually in conditions of a specific spell, eg
JASS:
set level = level of 'ability' for triggerunit
if triggering unit has item xx then 
     set level = level + 1 //or something
endif

and then later the damage will be adjusted to level * 200
which becomes '800' when unit is holding item if level of ability for unit is 3.

DL.PIGGY

Reaction score
Use engineering Upgrade. Make multiple copies of the spell, each with more dmg or less cooldown or wadeva

DL.PIGGY

Reaction score
No you USE engineering upgrade as your spell. Then u make multiple spells of the spell u want to improve. say u want to improve frost nova. so u copy and paste your frost nova and u edit the 2nd frost nova by giving it more dmg and less cooldown. then u put both frost novas into the data part in engineering upgrade. i cant remember wad the field is exactly at the moment. i think its upgrade or something.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Thanks. But then i will need too remove the existing ability and then add Enginering Update, when a unit aquries that item. :D
Thanks! Cant rep.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Also, I am pretty sure that there is a different Aghanim's Scepter item for each hero that uses it. For example, if witch doctor picks up a scepter, it is instantly replaced with the witch doctor version (so it applies to his ultimate). Alternatively, if leshrac picked up a scepter, it would become the leshrac version. This also lets you add different special art attachments to each different hero.

Sartan

Reaction score
i belive they add the spell ina hidden spellbook rather than creating ALOT of diffrent items for each hero...

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The best way to do this would be to create a damage system and deal all your damage with triggers, then you can easily factor in things like damage increase from items.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
i belive they add the spell ina hidden spellbook rather than creating ALOT of diffrent items for each hero...

Well, the scepter has a suffix in its tooltip that corresponds to the hero who carries it. Unless there is a way to change an item's tooltip via trigger, they would have to be different items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.