Admins' Power?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
So, I'm quite new to this forum (well not THAT new actually, around 3 months) and I was wondering what can admins do?

I know that mods can lock, delete, edit, sticky, move and all of that stuff, but when can the admins, the V.I.Ps, do?

I guess manage forums etc. but what else? How much information can they get? Can they view PMs, Rep comments and such?

Lastly, does TH can do things that no other admin can?

Thanks.

P.S. For all of you suspecious beings - I did use search I thought it would be a popular topic - I was wrong.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Admins can create and move entire forums, as well as change the descriptions of each one. They can set permissions for each forum, as well. Admins can also set members' rep, change User Titles, sigs, etc. They can use HTML code in User Titles. (SD_Ryoko)

> Can they view PMs, Rep comments and such?

Rep comments I know they can see, because even I can see those. I can also modify them. I don't know about PMs though. I doubt admins can see them, but maybe they can. :p Admins can see all of your profile information that you fill out, hidden or not.

> Lastly, does TH can do things that no other admin can?

Actually, I don't think so. Though, I think TH is kind of the site's liason between the vBulletin company that deals with the software.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct. I work though the same Admin Control Panel that the other admin do so we basically can all do the same things.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> That is correct. I work though the same Admin Control Panel that the other admin do so we basically can all do the same things.

Hmm. Though, I doubt that the upcoming server move can be done by just anyone, correct? You are the official owner of the site, so it would have to go through you.

Anyway, that's about all I know about Admins, since I'm not one. Someone else will have to fill in any other things that they can do.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as the Administrator Title of the forum entails and what i can do with the forums using that power yes. Since I own the site and have access to the server I can do other things as well, but that is a whole different story and does not have anything to do with Forum titles. Others have access like that as well and they all happens to be admins as well. All Admins do not have that access though.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
(Note that these are my guesses, I can't be certain as I am just a member)

Theres not much other than what Ghan_04 and TheHelper said.

Though I would imagine TheHelper is the "Head Admin", meaning all in all he would outrank the others. He could demote AceHart, but AceHart could probably not demote him. (Random example)

I would think most admins can't promote/demote other admins, though perhaps a few of the more veteran admins can.

Well, nothing more I can say. Don't know how correct this is, so perhaps someone could correct me?

Have a nice day! :)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Simply put in one post:

Admins are demigods, controlling all aspects of the forums, from posting to user accounts to bans to even the style of the boards.

TH is the leader of the admins; he owns the site and can control aspects of the site outside of the forums. For example he can just on a whim kill the forums completely. If a regular admin is a demigod then TH is a god.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Please people. I just own the site. Please stop referring me to some kind of god. I am just a person. Granted, one that is probably much older than you but that does make me anything except an Old School Gamer. Not some kind of deity - please get that out of your minds. Thanks.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I've been on this forum for awhile, if you create a forum, then you know an admin's power ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
(Note that these are my guesses, I can't be certain as I am just a member)

Though I would imagine TheHelper is the "Head Admin", meaning all in all he would outrank the others. He could demote AceHart, but AceHart could probably not demote him. (Random example)

I would think most admins can't promote/demote other admins, though perhaps a few of the more veteran admins can.

On the site I had it worked with admin levels. I was "level 8", which my friend gave me as "level 9" (head admin). You can then play with those admin levels, and the lower it is, the less power the admin had.

I hadn't a vBulletin forum though, so it might be something else ;)

Administrators can modify the forum as a whole, for example the reputation system. They can change the reputation comment at x reputation, the reputation people give, everything. The comments with the posts, who gets a signature, who gets custom titles...

In short, they can modify how the forum works :rolleyes:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
...that does make me anything except an Old School Gamer.

Out of curriousity, how old school is that? And whats your newest game.

Here is the simplist answer: Admins do what all the others can't that is possible on the server.

Reaction score
So can admins read PM's here? As I was moderator on a forum.. I could read users PM's :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
So, I'm quite new to this forum (well not THAT new actually, around 3 months) and I was wondering what can admins do?

I know that mods can lock, delete, edit, sticky, move and all of that stuff, but when can the admins, the V.I.Ps, do?

I guess manage forums etc. but what else? How much information can they get? Can they view PMs, Rep comments and such?

Thanks.

P.S. For all of you suspecious beings - I did use search I thought it would be a popular topic - I was wrong.

I believe questions like this *and most questions asked in this forum* are explained on the sticky I made on this forum :p.

*If not, I can always add on*

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Not directly.
Though it might be possible through direct DB access.

Anyway vB does not have anything like a "head admin". Any admin can demote any admin.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Any admin can demote any admin

Hm...
Almost. But not exactly. TH is rather safe from... um... "accidents" through the forum controls. Though he could still mess himself up if he so "wished" :p

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

We can delete you.

:D

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers, that's plenaty of information. TH got lots of helpers indeed.

By the way, is it just me, or did the legendary SD_Ryoko just rose from the dead?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.