Advanced Skinning in Photoshop

S

SoJ518

Ah. Yes, that is the reason. Thank you. I will need to find my copy of the Frozen Throne then.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Ah. Yes, that is the reason. Thank you. I will need to find my copy of the Frozen Throne then.

It is still possible, but it deals with .SLK files. Anyway, no problem. Good luck finding it, it is definitely worth it to have the Frozen Throne editor.

T

Teurastaja

Hey

I don't know if this is already asked, but when I made my skin with Paint Shop Pro when I put it into World Editor the unit was invisible, why?

I just mainly changed the colors of the unit. Then I changed it back to .blp, imported it into World Editor, put it to a unit and when I went in-game the units with the skin I just made was invisible.

Can anybody please help me with this?

T

Teurastaja

No, that doesn't help.

This is different kind of problem. If I try to put the unit in World Editor it says "Couldn't load file: units\orcs\heroblademaster\heroblademaster.mdl". And I am still able to put the unit there but instead of my skin there's just big black-green box and when I go into the game I only see the unit's shadow and I can't select it.

T

Teurastaja

Nobody can help?

Sorry for double-posting so much, but I would really like to solve this problem.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you correctly save the alpha channels?

Antisoul

Reaction score
You can find even better ones, if you wish or can.

In the quoted sentence you have a comma in the wrong place.

"You can find even better ones if you wish, or can." <--- would be more appropriate. Although the sentence doesn't technically need a comma at all.

Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. My grammar is not perfect either I was simply skimming this tutorial and saw the request to correct grammar then spotted the quote above right below. I assume that was because the author would like to better write in English even though they already likely write better than myself. As I've made past attempts to learn a second language I certainly understand asking native speakers for input and that is my only intention here so before any flames start shooting from faces and places -- hey that rhymes -- remember to take it for what it is, I'm just trying to help and its late... gah sleep.

ioxc

Reaction score
at the part u said "As you can see, the eyes and some unwanted ares are coloured too. thatswhy
I duplicated the layer. Select all the unwanted ares on the coloured skin layer using pen or polygonal lasso tool and erase them."
cant u just select them and then use history brush??
if im wrong or there is no history brush at cs2 please tell me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.