System Advanced Unit Transfer System

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
who told you that this is only for knockback??? you do any thing you like with that..

and what's the safer checking dude??

And what's the matter if you write struct or mine one?? Its coding not fashion

PS: I asked for a moderator TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THREAD FROM TRANSFER TO MOVING, please?
PS: We spammed this topic full of worthless posts, discrediting my system

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
and what's the safer checking dude??

Safer checking is making sure the terrain is not a cliff,
water or impassible, before blindly moving the unit there.
You could really get nasty results if you don't consider
pathing checks.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information, but as I said this is for showcase, as an example, you will do this check.

EDIT: But I see that you are right, if waterlevel is deep and unit can't swim......hmm I will focus on this now. But don't expect a system that does everything, it just help you coding faster.....much faster. That's the purpose of the systems.But If you write a 1 line code that does everything you need how can you really understand programming, if you don't exercise yourself and see how these systems are done ?

Seriously guys if you use it, dislike it, even don't care about write something I will appreciate that. I don't want only tooltiperror to spoil me with his stupid answers full of nothing.
I want someones like bribe, kingkingyyk3 , Laiev, tommerbob, am I asking too much?
Its my first time doing that, you should appreciate this.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Honestly, you should fix your tone.

We expect Systems to fulfill it's purpose. If it's a unit moving system, it should include safety checks because it can cause crashes (moving unit out of map boundary). A system at least, should include the basic safeties.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
oh my god, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, I will do it right now and tomorrow I will post it updated. I thought about "secondary" conditions and talked like that...

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Honestly, you should fix your tone.

We expect Systems to fulfill it's purpose. If it's a unit moving system, it should include safety checks because it can cause crashes (moving unit out of map boundary). A system at least, should include the basic safeties.

Agreed.

I've gone through the posts and I agree with tooltiperror. This system serves no apparent purpose.

As far as I can tell it's half of a knockback system (what purposes does this serve).

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Update 1.5.A

@Sevion
It's half of a knockback system, a jump system, a slide system, and so on...

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Scope Knockback should be a library.

"not(IsPointBlighted(x, y)" <- why?? What's wrong with blight?

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@Bribe
Why it should be a library?? I posted an ability. This system is not a library generator, but it can be.
The blight is for the map boundaries I did in map, I think (not sure) and someones are blocking map with some doodads for not entering these areas, I said you can edit this if you want.

@Sevion
Let me ask you this, why should I use AIDS when I already use UnitUserData ?? If I don't know what its purpose, I just leave it, and if I think this might be helpful I try to do something, or I will ask politely for assist.
Also about tooltiperror, I don't like his answers in all posts I saw him talking, he always posts about his personal thoughts and he thinks he can help by
saying "I don't like it, it's like something with less features" or "You suck". Who the heck cares if he doesn't like it, and if he wants really to help he might define what he says or improve his personality.
I won't deal with him again.

I will use this system because in 1 struct I can use multiple kinds of knockback, jump and others I don't remember. Slide I think needs another struct.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Hmm.... should the name be Advanced Unit Movement instead of Transfer? :p

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
@Bribe
Why it should be a library?? I posted an ability. This system is not a library generator, but it can be.
The blight is for the map boundaries I did in map, I think (not sure) and someones are blocking map with some doodads for not entering these areas, I said you can edit this if you want.

@Sevion
Let me ask you this, why should I use AIDS when I already use UnitUserData ?? If I don't know what its purpose, I just leave it, and if I think this might be helpful I try to do something, or I will ask politely for assist.
Also about tooltiperror, I don't like his answers in all posts I saw him talking, he always posts about his personal thoughts and he thinks he can help by
saying "I don't like it, it's like something with less features" or "You suck". Who the heck cares if he doesn't like it, and if he wants really to help he might define what he says or improve his personality.

I will use this system because in 1 struct I can use multiple kinds of knockback, jump and others I don't remember. Slide I think needs another struct.

Comparing AIDS and [ljass]SetUnitUserData[/ljass] is extremely different from comparing this with a knockback system. AIDS serves a far better purpose compared to User data. AIDS actually makes use of [ljass]SetUnitUserData[/ljass] to come up with something completely new and innovative. You can do pretty much a lot of things with AIDS. This on the other hand, it's a knock back system, which is pretty similar to others. Nothing really that new.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@kingkingyyk3
It was named transfer system, and I asked a moderator to change it, because I don't how or if I have the right to do it. But I haven't seen any difference yet.

@Ayanami
Did I make a compare AIDS system with mine?? Read carefully...
You can do as many things you want to do with my system too, about movement I mean. And I said it is not complete yet. I will implement homing mode and you will see what you can do. I will post another video with something more complicated just to see its power.

EDIT: There is a problem right now, when a unit jumps and meets a unsafe place he is stuck at the point, this can be manually overcame, use onCollide method and force unit to go forwards. I'm sorry.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, why should I use AIDS when I already use UnitUserData ??

If you truly don't know the difference between AIDS and UnitUserData then... Maybe you should go read the code/documentation.

If I don't know what its purpose, I just leave it, and if I think this might be helpful I try to do something, or I will ask politely for assist.

I don't think you understand the point of the question. NO ONE here knows what the usefulness of this system is. We're asking you to explain in what case is this useful.

Tooltiperror isn't the one who has the attitude problem. He's playing Devil's Advocate.

You should care if he doesn't like it. It's YOUR system he's giving YOUR system FEEDBACK*

*This is important in any line of work. You should learn what it is.

Did I make a compare AIDS system with mine?? Read carefully...

But did she say you were comparing AIDS with this?? Read carefully...

Solmyr

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
EDIT: There is a problem right now, when a unit jumps and meets a unsafe place he is stuck at the point, this can be manually overcame, use onCollide method and force unit to go forwards. I'm sorry.
Use the TerrainPathability library and fix those issues internally. The user is not supposed to make up for your library's quirks.

And what's up with this [ljass]not(IsPointBlighted(x, y)[/ljass]? Blight terrain has nothing to do with pathability.

I won't comment on the usefulness (or the uselessness) of this "transfer" system.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@Sevion
"Comparing AIDS and SetUnitUserData is extremely different from comparing this with a knockback system"
Logic:
You said: AIDS-SetUnitUserData != Mine-Knockback
You claimed: (ADVANCED) AIDS, Mine <--> (SIMPLE) SetUnitUserData, KnockBack
AIDS better SetUnitUserData but Mine same like KnockBack
So AIDS is better advanced than mine. Isn't that a compare ?

"Tooltiperror isn't the one who has the attitude problem. He's playing Devil's Advocate."
Hahahahaha very nice, you made me laugh. He might get more serious then.

@Solmyr
Yeah don't comment it now, and is a moving system...as it's name was changed since 1.3.A Update
Yeah my bad, And blight is for my map boundaries until now. I said it can be edited.
I should try to make a great commit (update) rather than these handmade patches.
Thank you very much I was searching this system over thehelper.net but couldn't find it.
Everything is useful if it helps you coding faster.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It seems like it's getting more and more difficult to read your broken English. I'm unable to gather any intelligent thoughts from your posts.

I dare say, I think I found another SanKakU.

At any rate, why do you keep ignoring the question at hand?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this. What use does it provide. Who would ever use this in lieu of something better.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Its main purpose is to save time during coding, it isn't something new.
It provides methods that help the user understand what he did wrong: at start showing messages, on unpathable terrain, on map boundaries.
What he should do when he comes into these conditions, using onCollide, onError methods. You saw I used onCollide for bounce.
It's more educative than "innovative". But its really helpful.

Think of DotA: You can make barathrums knockback, mirana's jump, kunkka's torrent/ship, void's quickmove, troll's axes (staight line mode)
When I finish with homing, you can make barathrums first skill (homing on target, knockback to every enemy in 100 radius using onMove method), helicopter's missile and so on...
These are only examples, you can make anything you can imagine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.