System Advanced Unit Transfer System

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
thanks, I thought I can use now with the newest jasshelper update the functions without logic order without cons...
Ability "I know vJass" got +1 level :D

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I think you should change the:

[ljass]call SetUnitFlyHeight(.moving, .z, 0)[/ljass]

to

[ljass]call MoveLocation(some_global_loc, x, y)[/ljass]
[ljass]call SetUnitFlyHeight(.moving, .z - GetLocationZ(some_global_loc), 0)[/ljass]

The reason is that ithe SetUnitFlyHeight internally adds to the height parameter += GetLocationZ(Location(GetUnitX(u), GetUnitY(u)), so that's why we subtract (.z - GetLocationZ(some_global_loc)) to end up with "absolute" z position.

If you are not convinced then make a unit jump over an raised terrain and see what happens =).

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
I actually saw that, and tried to fix it but it didn't came into solution so I left it behind.
Because with that I will have problems when I cast a jump style ability from one level higher terrain...
I think I must save the very first position height and then check what comes next.

It must be something like this:
JASS:
call MoveLocation(some_global_loc, x, y)
call SetUnitFlyHeight(.moving, .z + first_location_height - GetLocationZ(some_global_loc), 0)

EDIT2:
But now I will have problem when i come from higher height to lower. It's so complex....but I will find a way.

EDIT:
@tooltiperror
if you see this post, I figured out how to move things up, just setting distance to 1, not stacking 2 movements with opposite directions.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
UPDATE v2.3.C

Still better than other slide systems....
Still graveyarded...

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
"interface AUMS_Interface"

This pretty much executes any hopes of this being "better". Interfaces are the worst garbage in all of JassHelper. Because doing a system like this is pretty tough without interfaces, a lot of people end up just inlining a knockback into their resource, for better or for worse.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Well, I don't recommend it too for simple knockbacks, like the ones for movement only.

But what??? What do interfaces have that makes them garbage???

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
A bunch of extra trash (mostly duplicated functions) generated because of their nature.

But you can check it for yourself; create a new map, delete the generated triggers and create a new custom script. Then create an interface with a few methods and extend it with a struct. The exteding struct should have those methods as well, with a couple of function calls, just to make things more clear. Then save the map twice (because it's a new map - JNGP bug) and check the generated "war3map.j" file.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
A bunch of extra trash (mostly duplicated functions) generated because of their nature.

But you can check it for yourself; create a new map, delete the generated triggers and create a new custom script. Then create an interface with a few methods and extend it with a struct. The exteding struct should have those methods as well, with a couple of function calls, just to make things more clear. Then save the map twice (because it's a new map - JNGP bug) and check the generated "war3map.j" file.

Or... just use jasshelper.exe or clijasshelper.exe from the command line, examples:

jasshelper --scriponly commonj.j Blizzard.j in.j out.j; // asuming that the command is run from the jasshelper directory and all the files (common.j Blizzard.j in.j and out.j) exist there.

wine clijasshelper.exe --scriptonly common.j Blizzard.j a.in a.out; // asumes the same things as the first command but should run under gnu/linux, it is not required to be clijasshelper.exe, jasshelper.exe (gui) works just as fine.

And of course reading the manual won't hurt.

Edit: What is the big deal with the "code duplication"???? Nada! Who cares if a function is trigger evaluated/executed and not runned directly? I sure don't. Because trigger evaluations are only about ~15% slower than a function that take arguments (say 2 to 4).

>My god, what a crappy lang....
What is that supposed to mean?

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
That supposes to mean its not c++/java like lang. Where jass2 needs to call functions from the upper code, else they are evaluated.
I just made a system that makes your life a lot easier when it comes to moving. And they are complaining about my coding, got bored of this.
Haters gonna hate...

Now system needs to be updated about 2 times. One for checking collision in Z axis and one for covering all the types of movement.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Edit: What is the big deal with the "code duplication"???? Nada! Who cares if a function is trigger evaluated/executed and not runned directly? I sure don't. Because trigger evaluations are only about ~15% slower than a function that take arguments (say 2 to 4).

It's bad if it can be avoided; the extra size (especially for long functions) does matter, if your map script is 3,2MBytes already. By coding properly you won't be duplicating functions and you'll even gain speed; so it actually does matter.

Dirac

Reaction score
Who cares if a function is trigger evaluated/executed and not runned directly? I sure don't.

So says the guy who is extremely opposed to do function calls and reduce code because they are slow?
Implying that trigger evaluations aren't at least 100 times worse.
If anything calling functions to reduce code size is the smartest thing to do, it also allows you to easily change the actions performed just by changing the contents of the function.
Yes the speed might come in handy when dealing with systems that require lots of speed, but you have textmacros for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.