Advise for z axis projectile system

educator

Reaction score
hi again, im making an aos type map with a war between 2 castles, at the start of the map u will choose ur unit for every kill (or maybe death) u will get gold which allows u to use better units. i was considering making projectile systems for archers and ranged siege units (only for player units) to improve gameplay, the system will be based on the height of the terrain (which works out to be about 127) and the mana capacity of a unit (for its height) is it actually worth doing (and please don't give me a system, its more fun doing it from scratch) i was considering using custom values but i need that for something else, and i plan to use player specific variables for mana (no ai mages)
NEED AN OPINION ON WHETHER OR NOT IT WILL BE WORTH IT, OR I WON'T BOTHER

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i was considering making projectile systems for archers and ranged siege units (only for player units) to improve gameplay

how will it improve gameplay?

0WN3D

Reaction score
Well any way.... If implementing it takes a load of time and had near to no good gameplay improvement then i say delay it a while.. At least after you have finish with the more important things like implementing more hero etc etc etc.... A very advance system is not really needed in a AoS map as it may make people who first play your map to be quite noobish.... But it may be very worth it if i could be pulled off well....

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
either decide to implement it early, or dont bother at all - a late implementation could become very difficult for you, and systems generally need to be implemented when you first create the map, rather then three months down the line

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
what i was trying to say was, what part of your game would need such a system? you must take into consideration that these systems take a long time to write and/or implement and bring down performance if there are too many projectiles (combined with leaking)

you must decide whether your game requires such a system.

Think about the benefits of it, do you really need it?

Benefits (just to name a few)
-Changing projectile direction, speed, size
-Changing missile damage
-Generally opens up a lot of customization with projectiles

and the big question is, can you do the same exact thing without a projectile system?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.