Age Differences in WoW

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
So last night my husband was running around killing baddies with another guy when all of a sudden the guy asks how old my husband was. When my husband typed in he was 31 there was a long pause, then the guy tells him that he asked cause his mom was in the room and was curious and now that they know, the guy's mom said my husband was too old to play with her son and told her son he wasn't allowed to play with him again. This way ticked off my husband for a couple of reasons, one of which was that the guy was really cool to play with and they were vibing really good with one another, another was that the mom kinda inferred that my husband may be a pervert LOL. I can understand if the kid was in a teen chat room and my 31 year old husband was hanging out in there talking to the kids, then he is in a place he shouldn't be and would only be in if he was a predator. But an online game where the ages are varied and he has every right to play and be there? Does the mom think only 15 year olds play this game? I know it's rated Teen but geez, teens aren't the only ones playing. Are we expected to ask people their age before we say ok we can play with you? I don't know the ages of anyone I play with. And another thing, if my husband had been a woman who was 31 and playing with the kid, would the mom have been less worried? Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I have a thought:

That is f***ed up.

Who CARES?! I hate people who do that...I have a friend from Texas that I met on another game who's 31! She's awesome as hell, fun to talk to, and very nice. Does that mean she's going to come to NJ and screw the hell out of me? No! Damn, some people are total idiots, but I guess you can't blame them. The real jerks are the people that give parents a REASON to be suspicious. But in the end, I think you've got every right to be pissed, or at least very insulted.

Alexander
Someone burn the world, I don't like it anymore

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
The power of media to scare moms... :eek: Anyone heard that American Idiot song by Green Day? There's truth in it.

-Demonfaze

1JadedJen

Reaction score
ummmmm yeah, good point, I dunno if I would let my kid play with Tom LOL j/k ;)

Demonfaze

Reaction score
25 ain't old, don't worry Ryoko, haha.
Then again I'm only 14...

Lots of people on BNet act like they are 7, so I'm sure most people on BNet are under 20 definately.

-Demonfaze

BrokenX

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
I'm 25 and I moderate all these kids - LOL

Whats that make me?

SURELY most the people I play dota games with arn't even over 20

I think thats discrimnary people say older folks cant play games online

Tom is undead; hes online a lot?

Hey hey hey! even though I am sort of a teen, I am still very mature :).

BrokenX

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Heh, Broken, you are older than me by over 2 months :D
You're not young!

-Demonfaze

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself old either. I also typically don't like to classify myself as a teen to avoid being stereotyped.

BrokenX

Reaction score
I totally agree, but its better to be true to yourself other then being harrassed by people who think there opinions on teens. Also you are one post behind me bwhaha.

BrokenX

SilverHawk

Reaction score
It's mostly for my own purposes, as I've always had a hatred for teens, and now that I am one, I would like to consider myself above the stereotype.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Haha, Broken...
"Heh, Broken, you are older than me by over 2 months
You're not young!" I mean't to say you're not old!

Silver, how old are you? Me & Broken are both 14 :D.

Ryoko: Don't worry, my math teacher who is like 37 is addicted to XBox Live games, lol.

-Demonfaze

Demonfaze

Reaction score
w00t! go 14 year olds! Can't wait till I get my permit....

-Demonfaze

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Funny story about that...Perhaps tomorrow, in the General Discussion forum. :D

S

Starcraftman

It usually isnt descrimination agiants adults, its descrimination against kids. When I played on starcraft a common insult would be "what r u 12?" considering the fact that I was 12 when I played starcraft I wasnt very appreciative. Although the insult was never directed torwards me because I am either very quiet during a game or very respectfull, I never like to rub stuff in peoples faces. The worst I do is tell kids what they could have done to beat me. I believe that people online treat young kids with disrespect and misunderstanding. (unless they really are very annoying and jerks, which alot of them are). I have no problem playing with a guy over 30 and I'm sure that my folks dont either.

1JadedJen

Reaction score
That's very true, I have seen people knock on kids for being young. I myself have no problem playing with the younger crowd. Occasionally I do get a chuckle from the ones that are so obviously younger but I never call anyone out on how old they are or criticize them for what they said. In starcraft it's not like when people start up with their discriminations you can say forget it and leave the game and find another because then you are a leaver and no one wants to play with you, but thankfully on WoW if you suddenly find yourself not liking the group you're with there's another to try out right next to them LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.