AI Commands...

B

BKnight760

Okay, so I disabled the melee AI script for my level. However, if a person selects that they want a computer to play on their own team, how do I create a command that I want the computer player to do. I know that there is an action in the trgger types, but apparently it evaluates a command to a integer value. Is there a list of what number = what command or action somewhere? I don't get it.

N

Neo_HoJo

My my my, now don't we have the first excelent question on this board, I'm currently looking at the custom AI scripts, but the easiest way would be to fake an AI script by having a swordload of triggers that resemble <trigger 1> at the bottom of this post.

<trigger 1>
Events: <Unit- is brought to location>
Conditions: None
Actions: <If <Looks like time to attack=True> Then <If <Randomized Boolean= True> Then <Attack Area 1> Else <Attack Area 2>> Else <Patrol away>
((In other words, path out a route for the enemy to take and just have them do that, And have I mentioned I LOVE If/Then/Else))

<Added section through the post edit>
Alright, I have now looked at this, and understand why Blizzard does not support the use of this editor. AI's are stored in .ai files that must be made with some other editor- one that blizzard has not released due to instability problems. Your best bet (if you wish to actually make these scripts) is to look for an AI editor on either at www.warcraft.org or the website refered to in the tread "How to get Starcraft units in Warcraft"

B

BKnight760

Interesting...

Okay, so you're suggesting that I fake the AI script by creating triggers that resemble an AI script? Interesting thought, however, that would eat up the check buffer. I was already having a problem with my map taking too much time to check the events as it was. Well, Maybe I'll take a look at that sight and post my results back here. Thanks for the input. :)

B

BKnight760

Works...

So, faking an AI script through triggers DOES work! Neato. It's a pain, but works. I've got a little sample one if anyone is interested. However, in my persuit I wanted to check if a player had already built a specific unit or building. Anyone know how to check that? (I can check if they have one in progress, but I'm not sure how to tell if the building has been completed or not) Any ideas?

Oh, and Neo... I'm starting to really begin using the If/Then/Elses a lot too. They save a lot of time when you start getting the hang of them. ::Smile:: Thanks.

N

Neo_HoJo

sorry for not posting in a monthish.
first off, YAY! someone else shares my if/then/else insanity! I feel empathised for...
next, faking ai's takes too long, so if anyone finds an ai scripter so that people could make ai's without faking a script.
next, try boolean comparison for something that if a certain unit is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.