AI related questions

Slo

Reaction score
Hey

I wanna set a basic AI by triggers for my Arcade map and had some question:
- I want the AI to build some towers and upgrade near specific structures. Unfortunately I can only choose this if I set towns to my knowledge. Is it possible to set this without towns?
- Is it possible to remove towns from the list? I've only seen the option to add towns.
-How do priorities work? Is it simply that the higher the priority, the more likely it is that this option will be chosen? Is it strict or allows for variation?
-How to remove the AI build options in the lobby? (or customize it?)
-What are beacons in AI-Advanced and how do they work?
-How to make the Comp automatically use transporters (to reach cliffs or islands), if necessary?

Thanks a lot for any possible input you can give!

Kyuft

Reaction score
Slo, I am not experience with AI at all, and on behalf of TH, I am sorry that nobody has replied to your post yet. I will take a look at the AI triggers, and see what I can do. However, no guarantees.

EDIT: I don't have much good news, but I know that you can use the Issue AI Order, AI Tactical - Cast, and Issue Order commands. That's all I could gather, sorry!

-Kyuft:cool:

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know how Blizzard's AI system works, but when I make AI for one of my maps, I normally just do everything with issuing normal orders.

This means, I ignore all the AI and AI advanced actions and instead use normal if/then/else to do the logic and the "Issue Order" to tell it to do what I want it to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.