AI Scripter Needed

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. There was no visible "Recruitment" forum. Please move this thread if it is in the wrong place.

I am looking for someone who would be interested in writing an AI for my map Archimonde's Arena. It doesn't have to be too complicated, but it must have item builds (perhaps separate ones for agility, intelligence and strength), spell casting and movement.

The map involves players working together to fight off creeps in an arena. In the version I am currently working on, players have to hunt down the creeps (unlike the current beta version where the creeps come to you). There are also bosses to fight every 5th level.

To get a better idea, visit the following pages:

You can view screenshots (of old versions, though) and download and test the map. However, if you are interested you should talk to me because the version currently in development is quite different to the beta version (that is released).

The AI should be able to:
  • retreat when on low HP.
  • help nearby allies (like support with spells if they can).
  • search for the creeps in the arena.
  • help players when they find creeps and they are still searching.
  • buy items (I will suggest item builds, you need to script them).
  • learn skills (I can do if needed).
  • fight bosses intelligently (heal allies, retreat if low HP, all must help when someone finds it).

If you want more details, comment here or PM me.

Thanks! :thup:

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if you want more support for your AI at least tell what it entails, programming a threat system? creating spawns? a dynamic AI reaction system?
dont ask for people to blindly help, because although people on here jump to help i have never seen a buncha people jump to help when what someone wants is not 100% clear as to what you were needing/wanting

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Basically, the AI should retreat when on low HP. They should also help nearby allies (like support with spells if they can). There are no enemy players to fight against (i.e. no human vs human).

In the new version, players have to search for the creeps in the arena - the bots should be able to do this. Then, when someone finds creeps, bots that are still searching should come and help them.

They should also have item builds (which I can suggest, you need to script these builds). Also obviously skill builds, which I can do if needed.

That's all I can think of right now. If you need more info, please ask :thup:

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i think i could do that, can you provide a list of the spells ID's that you want to be auto-cast on allies? (you get this by clicking 'view raw data' in the view tab while looking at spells, its the ID# that comes up next to the spell)
also, do you have a unit indexer already?

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier if I sent you an unprotected copy of the map?

No, I don't have a unit indexer :eek:

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Oh okay, thanks. That's a bit of a strange place for a recruitment 'forum'. It should be a separate forum like at Hive Workshop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.