Aitd

skullkidd

Reaction score
My alone in the dark signature. Which one do you like more? If you can't tell ignore this haha. I tried to make the flashlight's light more realistic in the first one.

Version [1]
aitdse0.png

Version [2]
aitd2xl4.png

Batman

Reaction score
It's too plain...

-The render is too contrasted, with no lightning source.
-Bad text.
-Plain background

I suggest looking up some simple tutorials so you can expand on your techniques which will help you learn new things.

skullkidd

Reaction score
.... um... this is what i was going for.

No lighting source... yah there is...
plain bg, well thats the point of it

you really think the text is bad? hmm

Batman

Reaction score
No lighting source... yah there is...
Other than the flashlight, no there isn't. There's just a huge blast of light that's hitting on the render but it doesn't come from anywhere.

plain bg, well thats the point of it
Well the contrasted render does not fit in with the plain background.

you really think the text is bad? hmm
You can barely see it. It may be your intention but it doesn't look good with everything else.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to look really closely to be able to read that text. The fonts not so good and the colour of the text is terrible against the background texture.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I can read the text just fine. If that's barely visible, you should see some of my sigs :rolleyes:.

The only thing I can critique on is the lightning, there is lightning in the right of the guy, but the flashlight is in his left...

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
You can barely see it. It may be your intention but it doesn't look good with everything else.

I have to look really closely to be able to read that text. The fonts not so good and the colour of the text is terrible against the background texture.

I can read the text just fine. If that's barely visible, you should see some of my sigs

Yea, what smith said

The sig isn't all that good. You should 1) put the render in the center and 2) blend it in. Put some effects over the unimportant parts.

Also, make the text smaller (it was the first thing I looked at) and if possible, remove the website address.

skullkidd

Reaction score
yah i was trying to make the light seem to be from behind. but it didn't work out so well. thanks Smith. Oh yah and about the text, i was always told to blend it in. So thats what I did

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, for some people text seems to be a really important piece of the sig and they want to be able to read it really badly :rolleyes:. I rather consider it a graphical element, with the role to please the eye rather to inform the viewer about something (in other words, rather admiring than reading) so I make my texts pretty fancy and blended :p.

Batman

Reaction score
^Same here.

This is how I see texts. If I want it to blend in and act as a "trademark" kind of thing, I do it well and make sure they can't see it straight away. Why? It helps fend off rippers. If they can see you trying to blend it, they can go over it more easily.

Otherwise, I make the text as clear, yet not as focussed, as possible.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I prety much agree with everything batman said in this thread.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
What I do like is that its lighter to the entire left of the render and the right isn't so light.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.