Alliance Settings HELP!

Alph4bet

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have gone to this link to try and find the answer but I need specifics of what each one does. I think I have some of them figured out, tell me if I'm wrong. I'm manipulating allies at the moment and need your help.
ALLIANCE_HELP_REQUEST -- Is this in regards to the warcraft III sound alerts? (YOU'RE ALLY IS UNDER ATTACK!) or what is it exactly?
ALLIANCE_HELP_RESPONSE -- I have no idea what this could do
ALLIANCE_SHARED_XP -- I'm guessing this makes it so that you are able to share experience gains
ALLIANCE_SHARED_SPELLS -- I'm guessing this is so you can't tk each other with spells.
ALLIANCE_SHARED_CONTROL -- Minimal shared control(Can't build etc..)
ALLIANCE_SHARED_VISION -- Shared vision
ALLIANCE_SHARED_ADVANCED_CONTROL -- Shared advanced control(Can build etc..)

So what sets player as an ally? Like what makes it so that your unit wont auto attack your allies unit?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Here is the function from the Blizzard.j:
JASS:
//===========================================================================
// Set all flags used by the in-game "Ally" checkbox.
//
function SetPlayerAllianceStateAllyBJ takes player sourcePlayer, player otherPlayer, boolean flag returns nothing
    call SetPlayerAlliance(sourcePlayer, otherPlayer, ALLIANCE_PASSIVE,       flag)
    call SetPlayerAlliance(sourcePlayer, otherPlayer, ALLIANCE_HELP_REQUEST,  flag)
    call SetPlayerAlliance(sourcePlayer, otherPlayer, ALLIANCE_HELP_RESPONSE, flag)
    call SetPlayerAlliance(sourcePlayer, otherPlayer, ALLIANCE_SHARED_XP,     flag)
    call SetPlayerAlliance(sourcePlayer, otherPlayer, ALLIANCE_SHARED_SPELLS, flag)
endfunction

If I recall correctly, it is ALLIANCE_PASSIVE that does it. The player will treat the other units as passive (e.g. they won't auto-attack them), opposed to treating them as aggressive.

Alph4bet

Reaction score
Thank you.
Here is another question, if I were to set "ALLIANCE_SHARED_CONTROL" as false, would that mean that they aren't allow to share control at all? Or that they aren't shared control at the moment?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.