Almost got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(no more crash)

T

toxicranger

well i figured out why my computer was crashing at the end of the first single player mission. It has something to do with my sound card. i disable it and everything works fine. no more crashes. my question is how do i go about getting sound back on my computer so it wont crash it while in the game.

amd duron 1.6
512 ram
ATI 9200se 128
realtek '97 audio sound (on mother board)

K

kewlguy311

I would update all your drivers, im sure you have done that, so... try this, go to start, run, type "dxdiag" click sound and lower the acceleration, try and find one that works. Other than that, spend 40 bucks and get a cheap audigy or sblive.

U

Unregistered

I had the same problem. Since your mobo has onboard sound, go to your Mobo's website and download/install the latest audio drivers. That solved the problem for me at least.

T

toxicranger

yeah i tried the updated drivers and also tried to turn the accelleration down. Niether worked. I see a new sound card in my future. Thanks for the help.

P

pad_theone

I HAVE A QUESTION

I HAVE THE SAME SOUND CARD (ONBOARD).
WELL THE QUESTION IS THIS.
WHERE YOU DISABLE IT? I TRIED IN THE BIOS SETUP BUT I'M STILL GET CRASHED TO DESKTOP:mad:

THANK'S FOR THE ANSWER.

I HAVE AN AMD 1200 WITH A SIS_650_740 VIDEO CARD AND 128Mb OF RAM...

I CAN RUN ALL THE GAMES, BUT NO BATTLEFIELD 1942:(

T

toxicranger

to disable your sound go to control panel-system-hardware-device manager- sound and video game controllers - right click on the one named realtek and it should give you an option to disable it. you will then have to restart your computer.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ac97 soundchip is not bad .. but it lacks so much in quallity it is not funny ..

i would disable the sound in the bios and install a cheap sblive or even a cheap sky from terratec will do the trick (cept that one is horrible when u use something like team speak with a mic )

U

Unregistered

i have the same problem, but realtek is not one of the choices in the sound video controllers. what should i do? i would rather not have to get another soundcard.

T

toxicranger

the only other option would be to disable your sound card, you can find a good sound card for about 30 bucks. i put new in mine and it works fine now.

U

Unregistered

What sound card did you install?
(brand/type).
That will most likely solve my problem as well

U

Unregistered

I upgraded the realtek AC97 with drivers found on their webpage (found it via google, it is something like www.realtek.com.tw or something)
I also downloaded the patch they sugested on the BF1942 support at EA. (For users of VIA motherboards).
When I installed them both the game does not crash anymore after completing single player campaign maps. (It wont play music during the debriefing screen and the mouse is a little laggy, but the rest of the game works fine now) so I can live with this.
However since I did not play the game in between the 2 driver/motherboard updates I dont know which one did the trick.
However I hope this helps out some of you guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.