Altering income source

archkyle

Reaction score
rather than requiring a gold mine or trees to gain gold and lumber i want to set specific conditions for gaining these resources. for example, i want the main building (town hall) to automatically tick gold and lumber income. I'm relatively new to scripting with JASS so it's been tough so far. I've been trying to use the GUI but it's proven difficult as well. i'm hoping someone might be able to at least point me in the general direction i need to go to make something like this work.

thanks!

theDTD

Reaction score
what do you mean by alternating income?,
,auto gold ang lumber add per second for each players?

archkyle

Reaction score
yes, the gold will tick for each player based on the building that is placed rather than having to send workers to the mine. basically the worker only builds and the amount of gold income that ticks every few seconds increases based on your buildings and their upgrades. sounds complicated i guess, maybe im a bit too ambitious.

evilwolf

Reaction score
yes, the gold will tick for each player based on the building that is placed rather than having to send workers to the mine. basically the worker only builds and the amount of gold income that ticks every few seconds increases based on your buildings and their upgrades. sounds complicated i guess, maybe im a bit too ambitious.
Make a trigger so that every few seconds it counts all the structure a player has then gives him gold based on the structure he has.

archkyle

Reaction score
i'm trying to, im just not sure how it should look. I'm basically trying tutorials but they are mostly with the basics. what im trying to do is pretty much the core of the mod, once i get it figured out the rest will be easy lol.

thanks!

edit: i figured it out for the most part, however im having trouble with something. im not sure what else to use so i used

conditions
(Town Hall 0164 <gen> is A structure) Equal to True

actions
Player - Add 3 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.