Amaryllis

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
thats an idea, like i did in THE JOB duh duh duh

but.. lemme thinks of pros and cons......
hmmmmmmm
pro: less links
con:less views
con:more poeple prolly wont wanna read it seeing how long it is in one document
con:id have to keep reposting the link erasing the history of views every time
con:less links=less proffesional

hortononon

Reaction score
hal, i keep seeing this, you keep posting things that have nothing to do with the thread. Youve been told almost every time to keep on the subject. those things can be discussed in pm's. This is a book club, and unless there's a part of my book talking about ninva's avatar(which btw is pretty cool) u shouldn't be talking about it

word.:)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
pro: less links
con:less views
con:more poeple prolly wont wanna read it seeing how long it is in one document
con:id have to keep reposting the link erasing the history of views every time
con:less links=less proffesional

If you're commenting my statement then I suggest that your goal in life isn't to get more numbers of readers. No matter what you'd get move than five reads on your story. By the time it's finish the number may go down.

Thanks, Halahan. <3

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Takes to much time, lay back a bit horton. try not to sound so authoritative, that's for the mods if they find a problem with it. I tend to get a bit off-subject, but it isn't demoting you're story in any way and I can't see any problem with it as long as I don't start a conversation about f.e. The LA Lakers (They suck :))

take it up with a mod if you've got such a problem with it.

Book club? wtf?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
For real, I've had it up to about here with Halahan's shennanigans. What say we take him out back and give him da ole ONE-TWO, eh? You and me, Halahan. Now it's just you and me.

And I'll read the second chapter in a while, I don't have much time cept to dick around like I'm doing right now =O

Halahan

Reaction score
Where's here?

seriously, I don't get what the problem is. In a thread on a story "Nice Avatar Ninva". I don't get how that is so annoying. I'm not flaming, its not a long conversation, its just a quick comment on ninva's avatar and a bump for horton besides.
Both of you, I'm not even kidding, calm down.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Aw. I hate it when sarcasm is misconstrued because it's used in text. I was hoping that you would catch it, but I guess it can't be helped sometimes. Anywho, hortononon, I'm sorry I haven't read it yet. That's all I can say. =/

Halahan

Reaction score
lol that was sarcasm?? same, I hate it when that happens. the 'seriously' threw me off.

hortononon

Reaction score
bump

third chapter complete! Next level is loading...

Id
REALLY
really really really really really really really really really really really like some feedback on the second chapter

have a nice day:)

Halahan

Reaction score
Can I ask you a question Silverhawk?
is you're appearance in the WC because conan has been rather inactive of late? I'm just wondering, seeing as you're as far as I can tell not really a writer, no offense intended

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Can I ask you a question Silverhawk?
is you're appearance in the WC because conan has been rather inactive of late? I'm just wondering, seeing as you're as far as I can tell not really a writer, no offense intended

Nope, just happened to be stopping by to see how things were going. Believe it or not, we admins do try to keep an eye on the site. :p

As for me, I'm more of a "wannabe writer". There are a few stories I'd like to write, but they're long and I'm lazy, so they remain as ideas in my head.

Halahan

Reaction score
I read the second chapter and the third.

Second: It's ok... You write things a little plainly, but that will be fixed the more you write and read... for example.
"We walked another two minutes and reached the dark part." thats rather mediocre writing, try something like 'The fleeting echoes of our footfalls followed us across the gray stone until reaching a dark spot my flashlight couldn't pierce.'
well, its harder writing about something where you're not actually writing a story, just giving an example. but you get the jist, say everything short enough so where it doesn't bother the reader, but don't say it like 'They walked to the dark spot.' that doesn't conjure up an image at all for the reader...

The Plot line kind of annoys me, because it doesn't seem like it could actually happen... And this plot line I've heard of a thousand times. Austin wrote a form of it when he tried the WC out...

Its not bad.. just needs some work.

third: Pretty much he same stuff I highlighted about the second...

@Silverhawk, Aight, Just wondering.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.