Amazing new Editor Footage

chanta45

Reaction score
THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4

F'ing Amazing.

The editor is just... I'm at a loss for words right now, it's just great.

Like you can finally have multiple weapons on a single unit that fire when it's moving, like ughhh. A giant tank with several smaller seiged ones on it, (Would look awesome) just.. WOW.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
That looks epic. I can not wait for Starcraft 2 now.

Yoshii

Reaction score
ya i just saw it couple min before you posted its awesome; the FPS part look awesome too.I cant wait to see what kind of map people will come up with including myself

chanta45

Reaction score
Yah exactly, like now the possibilities are TRULY endless. So. Excited. Can't.. Contain... IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Anyways just yes I don't even know what I want to do now.

Flatus

Reaction score
You have well over half-a-year time to come up with ideas :)

I have idea of my own already, pretty far designed ^^

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow. You can really make a WHOLE game out of this....I guess that's where the premium map idea.

lmao "Is this Starcraft Ghost?"

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Nova... YEAH !!!! I can't beleave they put her in the game!!!! Awesome.... Guys looks like all of our wishes so far are true:

A The player has total control with the object editor and he can create bad ass altered melee maps.

Obviously, blizzard have worked a lot on the keyboard and mouse support, and now we can make, RPG's, Shooting games, survivals like L4D and even Fighting games like DMC A lot easier.

And, to top it all off, you can also create 2d Games.... Blizzard have sucked me into starcraft II again...

>that stuff without actually using code? amazing.

Indeed. Blizzard want to make the mapping as easy as possible for all of us, even the noobs, like me who don't know Jass. I thought "yeah, right" but now I am "WTF? Blizzard actually made something good? wtf?! "

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I am honered to know that Blizzard actually started respecting us so much.
This looks all great, but I'll slay them if they include an IDE.

chanta45

Reaction score
Mhmm! The one thing they better do is constantly add new models with either each expansion or just release some new models every patch... Because with the quality of the models and resolution of the textures the file size would be too big for custom models... If they can do that then they have this shiz in the bag.

Also this guy is a retard (Blazur, B-net forums)

Why the hell is Blizzard putting in effort to generate a 3rd-person view like an RPG? This is a down-down RTS game which doesn't need this view. Sure map makers can come up with some interesting ideas with this third-person view, but that's not what this game is about. Give them GMOD if they want to make a cool FPS game.

It annoys me to think something silly like this could be delaying the game. I could honestly care less about this feature. It's not StarCraft. Focus on getting Galaxy up to standards for making SC2 maps, and add this thing in a year or two later when the developers are sitting around with nothing else to improve upon with the editor.

We don't need this, and if the developers keep working on extra crap like this which isn't core to the game it'll be out in 2013. It's no wonder this game is taking so long to develop.

In complete and utter honesty, I played WC3 primarily because of all the custom maps... 100's of different kinds of games inside one game. It was amazing, and this guy clearly does not realize that.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Eh ... all of those are doable in Warcraft 3's editor, with the exception of hiding the normal UI. I am wondering how easy is it to do them ...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But remember, no code used.

Pretty sure that was only for the first video they showed.

>>Eh ... all of those are doable in Warcraft 3's editor

You can't go under ground and I'm not sure if you can move characters with a keyboard like they do there, but you probably can with some huge code... Mouse support, no way though.

chanta45

Reaction score
Yah keyboard controls in Wc3 were delayed as hell. Looks like they tuned it up quite a bit thank jebus.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Mouse support, no way though.

Mouse support? You mean for the Nova sequence? Hmm ... I'm not familiar with this area, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. (Can't you use tons of little invisible units to detect mouse movements? I think that's how my friend implemented mouse gesturing. But I guess you can't detect it if the mouse is above the horizon ...)

But my point is, Blizz hasn't revealed how much work was being put into the demo, or whatever limitations they're hiding. I wish they would talk about the language features of Galaxy ... higher order functions? Type inferencing? But then that wouldn't make a good presentation ^^.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Mouse support? You mean for the Nova sequence? Hmm ... I'm not familiar with this area, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. (Can't you use tons of little invisible units to detect mouse movements? I think that's how my friend implemented mouse gesturing. But I guess you can't detect it if the mouse is above the horizon ...)

But my point is, Blizz hasn't revealed how much work was being put into the demo, or whatever limitations they're hiding. I wish they would talk about the language features of Galaxy ... higher order functions? Type inferencing? But then that wouldn't make a good presentation ^^.
They said Galaxy would be related to the coding language of C.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
In complete and utter honesty, I played WC3 primarily because of all the custom maps... 100's of different kinds of games inside one game. It was amazing, and this guy clearly does not realize that.

I agree with you completely. It was almost shocking for me to see someone post about how including more in the editor is a bad thing-- especially something that will open up hundreds of thousands of possibilities for modders/map makers.

--Beetle

Oninuva

Reaction score
I agree with you completely. It was almost shocking for me to see someone post about how including more in the editor is a bad thing-- especially something that will open up hundreds of thousands of possibilities for modders/map makers.

--Beetle

True, but people playing shooters on warcraft 3 or starcraft 2 is just silly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.