Amazing new Editor Footage

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
What uberfoop said, and I don't think the SC2 campaigns will involve a top-down shooter map, which would be a completely different experience to create a scripted melee map (since you wouldn't have the top-down camera, ship control, projectile handling, wave spawning/movement/projectiles, and a host of other things).

I forget where but I remember the top-down shooter being able to be played during the campaign at an arcade machine.

-------

If these are possible in the wc3 editor, how come we haven't seen any maps like them?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I forget where but I remember the top-down shooter being able to be played during the campaign at an arcade machine.

-------

If these are possible in the wc3 editor, how come we haven't seen any maps like them?

Its possible if you want to spend the time breaking your ass to do so.

SC2 is amazing and will be a major milestone in the RTS industry. They're practically making their game unbeatable.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The diversity of battle.net maps will be truly amazing.

Thumbs up! :)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Well, it all depends if it'll turn out how it is now. If the dota people wont buy the map, then they'll stick to WC3. Not everyone will/can buy it, so thats some of the player base more spread out, so in a way, it would be more versatile, but it all depends on what maps are made.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
May I quote you on this in 3 years time sir?

You have my permission... if you are still around by then. I reiterate my statement though. And no it is not a "fail" way of viewing things.

If such editor features don't appeal to everyone, then so be it. But they are certainly powerful and useful to mapmakers, and that can't be denied.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
People say the Uberlisk stuff could be done with the Wc3 WE as well?
Tell me how to fully attach a unit to another one and not only the model.
That isn't even possible with Scripting if I recall correctly... all I could think off is moving a unit every 0.01 seconds to the position of the unit it shall be attached to. And even then it would be impossible to make it follow the units animations, like when the back is rising you had to adjust the angles, height etc.

No man, attaching units on another moving one was almost impossible... and if possible then it would be just utterly retarded and senseless to code :>

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Tell me how to fully attach a unit to another one and not only the model.

A special effect? With triggered projectiles?

DarkWarlock9

Reaction score
sorry

Normaly i would agree but sadly i would have to sad i agree with this chanta..:( but the reason why is that this game is ment for STARCRAFT no rpg n shit. I truly think think they should take some of that out and make it a diffrent expantion like a special cd you can buy for this editor. Other wise when this game comes out and about a month later no one will be playing Melee EVERY one will be on UMS. Thats not what the game is ment for. Its ment to build building and kill other team mate melee and maybe some defence shit. I hope you under stand/ Im a make maker y self i LOVE IT. But editor takes away the purpose of the game thats all im saying im VERY happy they have this i just think it doesnt belong in StarCraft. It needs its own Cd

Mhmm! The one thing they better do is constantly add new models with either each expansion or just release some new models every patch... Because with the quality of the models and resolution of the textures the file size would be too big for custom models... If they can do that then they have this shiz in the bag.

Also this guy is a retard (Blazur, B-net forums)

Quote:
Why the hell is Blizzard putting in effort to generate a 3rd-person view like an RPG? This is a down-down RTS game which doesn't need this view. Sure map makers can come up with some interesting ideas with this third-person view, but that's not what this game is about. Give them GMOD if they want to make a cool FPS game.

It annoys me to think something silly like this could be delaying the game. I could honestly care less about this feature. It's not StarCraft. Focus on getting Galaxy up to standards for making SC2 maps, and add this thing in a year or two later when the developers are sitting around with nothing else to improve upon with the editor.

We don't need this, and if the developers keep working on extra crap like this which isn't core to the game it'll be out in 2013. It's no wonder this game is taking so long to develop.

In complete and utter honesty, I played WC3 primarily because of all the custom maps... 100's of different kinds of games inside one game. It was amazing, and this guy clearly does not realize that.

chanta45

Reaction score
Well i'm going to have to strongly disagree with you here. Starcraft has evolved into an ESPORT and I don't think SC2 will falter in those footsteps... There will be a huge fanbase supporting normal ladder&melee play and I really don't think there is ANYTHING to worry about (Do you really think normal games are going to be left for UMS?). Also suggesting an entire expansion and new CD key for the editor is not only upsetting, but quite a silly idea in my opinion. If the game does better because of the editor, then so be it, why cripple the game and force the people to play a certain way? If I want to play a custom made RPG while i'm taking a break from melee then i'm going to.

No offense intended :thup:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The diversity of battle.net maps will be truly amazing.

Thumbs up! :)

And if not, at least we'll have much better map-locking security. This will at the very least get rid of the problems with mass amounts of Footmen Frenzy, Mauls, TD's, Line Tower Wars, Battle Tanks, Battle Ships, Sheep Tags, Castle Wars, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.