Amazing new Editor Footage

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
True, but people playing shooters on warcraft 3 or starcraft 2 is just silly.

Why? Its pretty much an engine where you can make complete games now. Its like using the source engine except this seems much easier.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Just think about it: if stuff like that is possible within days, think of what serious work could produce.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I guess it's a rule that games coming with modding/community features are x times more "welcomed" by fans/customers.

I wish TcX was on the list though....for me it's the best example of a "fan made game" but I guess they wanted to avoid conflicts with id Software.

chanta45

Reaction score
Mouse support? You mean for the Nova sequence? Hmm ... I'm not familiar with this area, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. (Can't you use tons of little invisible units to detect mouse movements? I think that's how my friend implemented mouse gesturing. But I guess you can't detect it if the mouse is above the horizon ...)

They said during one of the videos that mouse support will be included, just isn't showcased in that build.

And I do get somewhat the arguement in the "Why buy SC2 to play shooters" comment, but come on... Alot of people can use the map maker and can implement ideas that offer a unique gameplay experience like any other, every person offers there own unique little twist that big game developer companies won't implement.

Looking reallly forward to a "Kings and Knights" (Anyone remember that?) Sort of map in which the Kings are typical RTS view and the Knights get third person.

I think TH should start a project :p

Also, as a RP'er, am extremely excited to see new RP maps come to fruition. Possibilites are ENDLESS.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is incredible. :p

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You can't go under ground and I'm not sure if you can move characters with a keyboard like they do there, but you probably can with some huge code... Mouse support, no way though.

Oh yes, mouse support is very doable in WC3. I made a shooter like that in WC3. Unfortunately I uninstalled WC3 and now it's gone, unless it's on my mail. I'll check if it's there.

I was able to detect both left and right clicks, and not with invis units. With a nice little native called "ForceUIKey".

Edit: you're lucky guys, it was on my mail. Not sure what version this is though.

Attachments

• Warcraft Arena v1.00.w3x
    590.8 KB · Views: 309

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WTF at the third person mode. That's incredible.

I can see big potential :)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
I think we are all agreed.

HOLY ****

Lets not anger Blizzard in anyway what so ever, this editor is our new idol.
ALL HAIL THE UBERLISK!

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
All I needed there were the mouse control and the better keyboard detection. The UI thing is cool, too. Everything other than those three is possible in WC3. Underground environments were not impossible in WC3.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
All I needed there were the mouse control and the better keyboard detection. The UI thing is cool, too. Everything other than those three is possible in WC3. Underground environments were not impossible in WC3.

You don't understand, they aren't saying that you can make underground environments in SC2, they are saying it is as if there are layers of a map, which means in 3rd person view you can just walk in a cave that goes into a new layer of the map (not a completely different map or just a part of the map, it literally is below the first layer of the map which is the above ground part). This has many possibilities, I can't wait to use this awesome editor.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>it literally is below the first layer of the map which is the above ground part).

That's not impossible in War3 either. It's a lot of work, but it can be done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.