Ambivalent Existence

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
BUMP
Chapter 5 uploaded.

Chapter 6 will be uploaded soon.

my friend says that its sounding alot like something called Inuyaha or someithng like that, no idea what taht is though.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
ur friend mean Inuyasha, its an anime

and thats a pretty good drawing.

it doesnt look like how I imagined it but everyone imagines it differently :D

Good job

so, the next chapters arent out yet?

Syndrome

Reaction score
Chapter 5, done
Chapter 6, being edited,

Chapter 1: Comic thing, 25% done

Chapter 7, being written.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I don't have time to read it right now, but rest assured I will eventually.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Aw, that picture of Yumi is cute; I love how you drew the mouth and eyes, that's a badass japanime face. That really is what I was expecting her to look like, but maybe that's just because she looks sorta like Rukia from Bleach, whom I automatically associate Yumi with.

Also, your story bears little to no resembalence to Inuyasha. And frankly, after reading the first three chapters, it's not even as similar to Bleach as I originally thought it was.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Aw, that picture of Yumi is cute; I love how you drew the mouth and eyes, that's a badass japanime face. That really is what I was expecting her to look like, but maybe that's just because she looks sorta like Rukia from Bleach, whom I automatically associate Yumi with.

Lol, awesome, people actually like my drawings ^_^!
Creds to my friend for teaching me how to draw eyes like that

Also, your story bears little to no resembalence to Inuyasha. And frankly, after reading the first three chapters, it's not even as similar to Bleach as I originally thought it was.

Nearly every single idea so far has been taken by something, a demonic half is found in Inuyasha... [according to my friend]
Some kind of parallel world is found in Bleach...
it's really up to how you interpret ideas to make them original. :D

awesome, thanks for your input!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
OMFG! FANVINE OF AMBIVALENT EXISTANCE!
WOOOOOOOO!
cant wait for more lol.

ur friend seems to be very resourceful lol -
drawing, knows anime, proofreads.

:eek::eek::D

Syndrome

Reaction score
OMG I'm so pissed.

Hey, heres loads of bad news. You ccan call this a journal entry or a flame, whatever, I need somewhere to write this.

My parents have decided to cut me off my laptop for a MONTH.

They think that I play video games all the time, when in reality, im writing 3 different fictions and in a partnership thing for drawing stuff. All part of two hobby, which is writing stories and drawing.

They call it "being a teenager", they say I am not 'comunication' with them enough. So, they concluded that by taking away my laptop and internet, I will be able to make me 'see' them more.

So, even though I don't really use my laptop at more then an excess of 1 hour, they are removing my laptop.

This will be one of my last posts that I would write ever for a while. I might be able to ge a hold of my friend to post the next chapters for me, so this story won't die out.

@thewrongvine thank you for your support, your posts inspired me to write more, and for that, im grateful. Your stories were also an invalueable resource, since I can see how other different people can write.

@Halahan, your input [in my opinion] allowed me to somewhat improve my writing skills. I also found different ways of expressing things in a story thanks to you.

For everyone out there that is reading this, thanks for reading out my rant and everything, I'm angry, I understand my parents, but to go as far as compeltely removing all computer access is kinda... :banghead:

Thank you, thehelper.net [I hope I will return soon]

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Damn brotha, I feel for ya. I'm assuming you're around 13-14, the age when my parents started trying to cling to me and keep me away from drugs and everything (they failed, in case you couldn't tell). But, as great as writing and everything is, maybe you could consider this an opportunity. Often, I've worked on a story and gotten maybe 10 or 15 pages into it taken a step back and realized that I didn't like it at all, scrapping the whole idea. Perhaps after coming back to your stories after a month, you'll have given your ideas a chance to manifest a little better, and you'll be able to continue directing your story in the right direction.

You may think that this is worthless advice, and it may be worthless for you, but just try to look on the bright side of things, and maybe if you appease your parents you might, possibly, be able to get your laptop back earlier. But I'm sorry you've gotta wait so long to get your laptop back. Why don't you work on your drawings in the mean time? Wouldn't it be great if you suddenly came back, one month later, with pictures of every character, the wraith bands and the rest?

Well... see you in a month.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
This is a sad, sad, day for me.

aw...
lol I was hoping for the next chapters and stuff, but that has to wait I guess...
your freedom is the first priority!

I'm like always half on the computer... one half is doing things on computer, other half is doing work. So my parents don't mind as long as I keep a book open and some homework stuff, when they come, I stop on computer for like 20 minutes and work and read. Then I go back on...

Oh well, maybe you can, like you said, access a friend's comp and post. Keep on writing, and I think Fat's advice is pretty good. Along with drawing, you could also plan the next stages of the story.

See you in a month.
:( This is a tragic breakdown for me... WAHHH! :(

Maybe you can talk some, mind you, sense in your parents. I don't mean like go offensive and disrespectful, but make them give you a chance to show what you've really done. You could maybe print out some pages of your stories and show them that and things.

What's that thing old times people say and you see in movies?
"Even in death may glory something, something, something."

Well, that to you, except... Well, just good luck! I support you from my room! :eek:

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Maybe you can talk some, mind you, sense in your parents. I don't mean like go offensive and disrespectful, but make them give you a chance to show what you've really done. You could maybe print out some pages of your stories and show them that and things.

This is a good idea; show them your story and try to convince them that you just need the medium with which you let your creativity flow. Don't take it sitting down, but disrespecting them or losing your patience with your parents will only make things worse, so avoid that at all costs.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
lol Kev, yet another incredibly confusing avatar that is impossible to guess! I applaud you :p

Syndrome

Reaction score
Guess whos back?

"Geoff, you are going to fail school if you keep playing on your computer all day long." -My mom and dad

But that was before I showed them my report card. I grabbed my report card from the mailbox and tore it open.

92% Average. AWESOME!

They also saw two things I was writing. [This story and the outline for the second Arc.] and gave back my laptop. No questions asked.

So, as a small cheerful update, I written on paper chapters 6-8 and im typing them up. I drew some other people, but I need to ink them out with something again so that the scanner will pick the marks up.

Boo yah.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
"Geoff, you are going to fail school if you keep playing on your computer all day long." -My mom and dad

But that was before I showed them my report card. I grabbed my report card from the mailbox and tore it open.

92% Average. AWESOME!

They also saw two things I was writing. [This story and the outline for the second Arc.] and gave back my laptop. No questions asked.

So, as a small cheerful update, I written on paper chapters 6-8 and im typing them up. I drew some other people, but I need to ink them out with something again so that the scanner will pick the marks up.

Boo yah.

OMG! YOU'RE BACK! WOOOOOOOOT!
I's so happy, I smiled so hard when I saw this, and my stitches felt like they were being ripped off! lol. Good job with your report.

Can't wait for your resume on stuff!

Syndrome

Reaction score
UPDATE - Chatper 6: 1st and 2nd Draft have been added to the first post. These chapters CANNOT be found on fictionpress.net

Alright, so it's been... a long time since I've updated... T___T

Anyways, I hit a standstill... sorta.

There is now two, distinctively different ways this story can go now.

I've written two drafts of Chapter 6, the first one was suggested by my friend but not yet revised so wording may be.. wierd.

Then there's the second draft, thougt up by me, this one is more revised.

So, now that's where you guys come in.

I need you guys to vote on which one is better.

I'm working on Chapters 7 and 8, but will slightly alter them to fit whichever draft of the sixth chapter is chosen.

Chapters 6: 1st Draft and 2nd Draft can be found in .pdf in the first post.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Woah, i just checked my mail, and there was like...23 people emailing me saying SECOND DRAFT! :eek:
also, thewrongvine prefered the second draft so i guess majority wins right? :rolleyes:

Chapter 7 may be posted up late tommorrow midday day after.

man, so surprised there was that many people reading this :p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
so um... when is chapter 7 coming out!?!?!?!?!!?! :D
and are you gonna' have drawings too?

can't wait.

Syndrome

Reaction score
UPDATE - CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7 finally posted.
Whew, now for my sketches...

I think Arc 1: Actualize will last another 7 chapters maybe?
Arc 2 will begin sometime after that.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Chapter 7 is certainly a veyr intesting chapter... lol. the girl is wierd o_O
is it just me, or was the font changing from big to small?

can't wait for the drawings and the next chapter.
:D

Syndrome

Reaction score
lol, i just noticed the [not so] slight change in size for the story.
-slaps forehead in disbelief-

drawings will be up soon.
X3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.