Arena An Arena yet to be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Suicide Garden

First off, this is my first map after a very long time.
I took serveral months programming it, Modeling effects and units and also thinking about unique stuff to feature. The Idea is based off of one of my previous maps and hence this should be a remake up to a certain degree.

NewTerrain.jpg

NewTerrain2.jpg

NewTerrain3.jpg

FAQ:

What exactly do you do in this Map?
- Well, you choose your hero from the tavern right at the start of the game and teleport yourself into the arena, where neutral creeps and other players roam. I designed this game to lay emphasis on the heroes themselves. Customize your stats the way you think would be the best build and duel eachother.

Is there an objective in this game?
- Not yet. Though, I am not thinking about making one. Since this game should focus on PvP. This game ends when the last one leaves or one feels sick of being PWNED by other players. However, this game features a fun Battle Royal feature that should keep you playing ;)

Will there be any more content coming up with this game?
- Yes. I've been planning on making more stuff, mostly Heroes. But, I will be also considering changes and Ideas. So, if you have an Idea that you think should be in here, let me know.

User Contribution:
In this section, I will be asking users for help. If you feeling like helping, feel free to either PM me or post a post with your ideas.

Things I need:
- Hero Ideas ( concept, synergy, etc)
- User Ratings (What do you like/dislike ; what should change and also comments)
Heroes:
Blade Misstress
Night Elf Assassin/dps - Life-leech
Ability 1: Cross Edge:
Throws a Glaive-like attachment towards a target point in an elliptic path, cutting down enemy units in it's wake. The Blade Mistress is healed for 45% of the damage dealt when the Glaive returns to her.

Deals damage equal to your magic power.

Ability 2: Blade Crest:
Summons 13 sharp Blades around the Blade Mistress, which absorb the pain the Blade Mistress suffers. After 6 seconds, the Blades disattach from the Blade Mistress, dealing damage to the first enemy unit they impale.

Reduces incoming damage by 35%. Each blade deals damage equal to the damage suffered this way.

Ability 3: Bloodthirst:
Every 8th attack triggers an unnatural desire for blood, causing the strike to deal more damage the lower health the Blade Mistress has. Converts 50% of the damage dealt into HP.

Deals damage equal to 200% + 1.75% for each 1% of health missing of the damage dealt.

Ability 4: ???
Lightning Mage
Human Mage - Nuke/Farm
Ability 1: Orb of Storms:
Conjours a sphere out of pure energy. While channeling, the sphere is saturated with energy, which allows the sphere to last longer and deal more damage. When the sphere is released, it emits 3 lightning rods, which deal damage to enemy units apon contact.

Each lightning rod deals 1/3 of the damage channeled. Channels Magic Power/sec.

Ability 2: Lightning Strike:
Calls forth lightning from the sky that crashes down onto a target location after 1.6 seconds. The strike expands from the target and deals damage to any enemy unit caught. The closer the units are to the center, the more damage they will take.

Dissipates damage equal to your magic power over a 300 AOE

Ability 3: Static Repulsion:
Whenever a source that would damage the Lightning Mage, he builds up static charges. These charges can be used to discharge the energy apon an enemy unit, dealing damage to that unit and stunning it.
Maximum of 5 Charges.

Each charge charges up 25% of the Lightning Mage's Spell power and 0.33 stun duration

Ability 3: Sub Ability: Static Discharge:
Creates a massive sphere out of pure energy an launches it on a target enemy unit. Once it reaches the unit, it discharges all the stored energy and stuns the target for a brief moment.

Deals up to 125% of the Lightning Mage's Spell Power and stuns up to 1.65 seconds

Warlord
Orc Warlord - Tank, dps
Ability 1: Zeal of Supremacy:
Temporarily boosts muscle volume to enhance the next attack. After a successfull attack, the enhancement reverts to normal and stuns the target.
Lasts 7 seconds.

Adds bonus damage equal to the current amount of strength and stuns for critical power seconds.

Ability 2: Terra Crush:
Slams the ground with brute force and causes the earth to sunder. Any enemy unit standing close will take damage and will be knocked into the air, taking damage on impact aswell.

Deals initial damage equal to Magic Power and knocks back 420 - 685 units, dealing 12% of the distance traveled in damage.

Ability 3: War Cry:
Whenever the Warlord recieves physical damage, there is a 17% chance that he will let loose a wicked cry that strikes fear into all enemy units in a 350 AOE. Affected units take more damage from physical attacks are are stunned for a brief moment. Lasts 8 seconds.

Stuns for 0.33 seconds and amplifies damage by 25% + 0.45% for each point of Strength.

Blade Master (Name to be changed)
Night Elf Assassin - Anti-Cast/dps
Ability 1: Disperse:
Shifts into 3 Illusions and renders oneself immune to attacks. The 3 Illusions approch the target and strike the target in it's vital spots in it's confusion. If the enemy unit had leaks, the Leaks will vanish and a portion of the enemy's mana pool will combust, dealing damage.

Deals damage equal to Magic Power and destroys 7% of the max. Mana for every leak. Deals damage equal to Magic Power times the number of orbs in damage if that unit has no mana.

Ability 2: Vortex:
Enhances the next attack with mana from either the enemy's mana pool or your own. Lasts 8 seconds.

Adds damage equal to the mana the target has lost, or if that unit has no mana pool, add damage equal to your Spell power

Ability 3: Mana Blade:
Every attack creates a Counter in the enemy's mana pool. If a unit with a Counter starts to cast a spell, that unit is stunned for 0.75 seconds for each Counter on it and takes minor damage. Maximum of 3 Counters per unit.

Each Counter deals 27% of your Spell Power in damage.

Void Mage
Undead Caster - Anti-Caster/nuke
Ability 1: Void Sphere:
Summons a Sphere out of anti-materia and launches it towards a target location. The Sphere bounces off of either enemy units or destructables and grows stronger with every Bounce.

The Sphere moves for each point of Spell Power 10 more and initially deals 65% of Spell Power + 5% for every Bounce on an enemy unit.

Ability 2: Void Link:
Establishes a link between all enemy units around the Void Mage. If the link is stable for 4 seconds, it breaks, dealing damage to all linked units and stunning them for a brief duration.

Deals damage equal to the difference in max.Mana and stuns for 0.1% of the enemy's max. mana. If the linked unit has no mana, it stuns for 2 seconds and deals damage equal to 120% of Magic Power

Ability 3: Null Current:
Whenever the Void Mage casts a Spell, she builds up a barrier that reduces the damage of the next incoming spell and dissipating that damage in a 300 AOE around herself.

Reduces incoming magic Damage by Spell Power

Collossus
Orc Tauren - Tank/dps
Ability 1: Slay:
The Collossus empowers himself and prepares the next strike, forcing out a critical attack. After the reckless attack occurs, the Collossus becomes vulnerable for the next 5.5 seconds, taking additional damage from attacks and spells.
Lasts 8 seconds.

Takes 50% more Damage from attacks and from spells if the current health is above 50% of the Max health. Else, the Collossus only takes 15% more damage from attacks and spells.

Ability 2: Brute Force:
Empowers the basic attacks of the Collosus by a flat amount and adds a minor bonus for each point of health lost. While the Collossus is in this state he recieves 21% more damage from attacks and spells.
Lasts 8 seconds.

Adds a flat amount of 20 damage + 0.05 damage for every health point missing and empowers the Collossus' attacks by 17%

Ability 3: Recklessness:
The Collossus' grows strong in the heat of battle, causing him to deal leathal damage and take reduced damage for a short time.

Whenever the Collossus' health drops below 50%, he gains an attack bonus of 35% and reduces incoming damage by 75% for 7 seconds. This effect has a 18 second cooldown

Guardian of Stone
Night Elf Caster - Nuke/Stunner
Ability 1: Rolling Stone:
Launches an enchanted rock towards a target location. The rock grows the further it has been moving. On impact with an enemy unit, it breaks and explodes, dealing damage to the unit it encounters and stuns it for 1.75 seconds.

Deals damage equal to 25% of the distance moved + 75% of the Stone Guardians Spell power.

Ability 2: Stone Blast:
Summons 3 - 8 boulders around the Stone Guardian and launches them towards the target area. Each boulder deals minor damage and stuns for a brief moment and has minor splash effect.

Each boulder deals 35% of Magic Power in damage and stuns for 0,5 seconds/boulder

Ability 3: Force of Nature:
Enhances the Stone Guardian's spells by fusing Nature's brute force into the very essence of his spells. While active, whenever the Stone Guardian casts a spell, those spell have reduced damage but knock the target away from the Stone Guardian.

Knocksbacks units 130 units away from the impact and reduces spell damage by 25%

Vampyre
Undead Dreadlord - dps/Life-leech
Ability 1: Open Veins:
Rips a deadly wound into an enemy unit and causes it bleed. Whenever the Vampyre deals physical damage to that unit while it is still bleeding, he deals an increased amount of damage and converts a percentage of the damage dealt into health.
Effect stacks up to 4 times.

Deals initial damage of 20 for every stack and adds damage equal to Crit Power% of the targets Max.Health ( for every stack ) and converts 20% + 5% for each stack into Health

Ability 2: Siphon Life:
Siphons the Life force out of a maximum of 5 enemy units around the Vampyre and converts it into his own. Damage dealt is divided upon the number of units that are effected.
Lasts 7 seconds.

Absorbes 150% of Magic Power over 7 seconds divided apon the units effected

Ability 3: Gut Wrencher:
The Vampyre rips the insides out of a unit during a critical strike, dealing an increased amount of damage based on his max. health and causing the unit to suffer damage based on the target's current health over 7 seconds.

Adds Critical Power % of the Vampyre's max. health in additional damage and deals 5% of the target's Max. health/sec

Death's Advocate
Undead Knight - dps/nuke
Ability 1: Violent Awakening:
Releases a burst of darkness that surges 875 units in front of Death's Advocate, dealing damage to enemy units in a line. If Violent Awakening is casted rapidly within 7 seconds of the previous cast, it deals 7% more damage but consumes 3% of the Advocate's current health for every stack additionally.

Deals damage equal to Magic Power + 7% for rach stack
Ability 2: Immortality:
When cast, Death's Advocate sets destiny's string to his fortune. After 12 seconds, Death's advocate resets his life and his mana to the values he had when Immortality was initally casted and damages enemy units in a 275 AOE around himself for 50% of damage recieved while Immortality was still active.

Resets health and mana and damages enemy units for 50% of the damage recieved

Ability 3: Cursed Essence:
Whenever Deaths Advocate deals physical damage to an enemy unit, it is infested by the Death's very essence. Whenever an infested unit takes magical damage, the damage recieved is amplified for every stack.
Lasts 7 seconds.

Magic damage is amplified by 7% for every stack

Arcane Elemental
Elemental - dps/tank/disabler
Ability 1: Magic Rope:
Releases a magic rope towards a target location that snatches the first target it counters and pulls it towards the Arcane elemental. If that unit has a mana pool, that unit's current mana will be drained and transfered to the caster. However, if that unit has no mana or it's current mana is below 15% of it's max. Mana, the Arcane Elemental deals damage to that unit.

Drains 105% of the Arcane Elemental's Spell Power/ sec or deals 125 + Spell Power damage

Ability 2: Energy Pulse:
While active, the Arcane Elemental sends out pulses of pure energy every 1.8 seconds that damage enemy units around the Arcane Elemental in a 450 AOE every time it expands and shrinks. Every Pulse drains 9% of the Arcane Elemental's current mana.

Each pulse deals 15% of Spell Power and if the Arcane Elemental's current mana is greater than the enemy's current mana, it deals 35% of the Arcane Elemental's Spell Power in damage.

Ability 3: Ion Skin:
Whenever the Arcane Elemental suffers Magic Damage, it reduces a percent of that damage and stores it up to 8 seconds. On it's next attack, it releases the stored energy, dealing extra damage to that unit.

Reduces 1% for every 55 mana in the Arcane Elemental's mana pool. Spell reduction can't exceed 45%

List of Player Commands:

Command 1: Type in "-show" to show the Hero kills. Type it in again to hide the Hero Kills.
Command 2: Type in "-duel" to start a duel timer. Once the timer is expired and there are at least 2 heroes that havn't died, a duel starts for a max. of 4 players. This command is not available if your Hero is dead. However, if another player uses this command while your Hero is dead, your hero will be revived instantly. If all heroes die while the timer is still running or is there are less than 2 alive heroes, all heroes will be revived and the duel is canceled.
Command 3: Select an enemy Hero to view their stat Profile. Helps to view their their strengths and modified stats
Command 4: Type in "-stats" to list your current Hero's Movespeed and effects from "Instructions"

Item List:
- Book of Swiftness: Increases Evasion by 0.1%
- Book of Power: Increases Crit Power by 0.01%
- Book of Knowledge: Increases Spell Power by 2
- Book of Alacrity: Increases Crit Chance by 0.1%
- Book of Resistance: Increases Resistance by 0.1%
- Book of Speed: Increases Movement by 1

To by able to purchase Items, you need Credits. You gain Credits by killing Neutral Monsters.

Also, added the use of Gold. Whenever a player wins a duel, he/she is rewarded with 50 gold. Gold is used to buy special items that add additional effects to your spells/attacks.

- Physical Life-Steal
- Magical Life-Steal
- Physical Slow
- Magical slow

Work in Prgress:
- Neutral Creep AI and Skills
- Balacing Skills

Credits List:
- DinoWc
- Moridin

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Nice. I would love a good arena game to PvP with friends. Could you give us a summary of your heroes though? Right now I have no idea if this is a WIP, or if it's playable but has very little heroes, or if its playable and has lots of content and you're just developing it a little furthur...

so info regarding that would be nice. Otherwise I hope this becomes a really good map :).

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
That's how the plan goes. Anyways, you told me about some hero arena a long time ago :D During my request, I kind of quoted it and said how was it going. SO yeah. =)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Nice. I would love a good arena game to PvP with friends. Could you give us a summary of your heroes though? Right now I have no idea if this is a WIP, or if it's playable but has very little heroes, or if its playable and has lots of content and you're just developing it a little furthur...

so info regarding that would be nice. Otherwise I hope this becomes a really good map :).

Added a summery of all Heroes, their jobs and their abilities =P

@BlackRose
I remember now ! XD
That was a long time ago though o_O Half a year now maybe?

EDIT: Added a few usefull things to know xD

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Very nice :D. I'm definitely trying this out when I can. All the heroes are complete? :) GJ on that, most of them have very interesting abilities that aren't simple copy pasta. Will give you feedback once I get a chance to play your map with a few friends.

Do you have AI? If you don't, I would really suggest thinking about getting some. AI dramatically boosts the potential play time of your map.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Very nice :D. I'm definitely trying this out when I can. All the heroes are complete? :) GJ on that, most of them have very interesting abilities that aren't simple copy pasta. Will give you feedback once I get a chance to play your map with a few friends.

Do you have AI? If you don't, I would really suggest thinking about getting some. AI dramatically boosts the potential play time of your map.

Once I have a few Heroes done with everything (the 4th ability of all those heroes are missing...), I'll make some abilities for the Neutral Monsters and a simple AI =P

GREAT ! I'm looking foward on your comments =)

EDIT: BTW, I am thinking about making all the Icons Custom as well. If you got any suggestions, please let me know ^^

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I get some AIDS error (you forget to save without debug mode :X (or not Oo)), if want i can post screen shot...

i just notice it happen sometimes when the blade nova explode (i forget the name... that girl with Maiev icon)

are you indexing dummys? oõ' if so, why?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I get some AIDS error (you forget to save without debug mode :X (or not Oo)), if want i can post screen shot...

i just notice it happen sometimes when the blade nova explode (i forget the name... that girl with Maiev icon)

are you indexing dummys? oõ' if so, why?

I know I know ^^
It's not an actual error, however.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
since I'm too lazy to dl the map, I'll just post some hero idea:

Name: Arcane Elemental
Model:
character.gif

Main Attribute: Intelligence
Role: Anti-mage
Abilities:

Magic Rope (active, instant)
icons_5869_btn.jpg

Releases 3 magic ropes around the caster that will track and snatch 3 nearby enemy heroes, draining their mana and dragging them towards the caster.

Cooldown - 15 seconds

Level 1 - Drains 10% of max mana and transfers it to caster, 450 AOE.
Level 2 - Drains 13% of max mana and transfers it to caster, 475 AOE.
Level 3 - Drains 16% of max mana and transfers it to caster, 500 AOE.
Level 4 - Drains 20% of max mana and transfers it to caster, 525 AOE.

Note:
This is like a instant meat hook, just it launches 3 of them that will automatically track nearby enemy heroes. It is homing, so it will always catch the hero if he is in range and not magic immune.

Energy Pulse (can be toggled on/off)
icons_7153_btn.jpg

When activated, the hero will release a nova every second, dealing damage to nearby enemy units, but also damaging the caster. If a nearby enemy unit has less mana than the caster, the ability will also prevent him from casting spells.

AOE - 450

Level 1 - Deals 10 + 1x intelligence per pulse.
Level 2 - Deals 15 + 1x intelligence per pulse.
Level 3 - Deals 20 + 1x intelligence per pulse.
Level 4 - Deals 25 + 1x intelligence per pulse.

Note:
It checks for mana by percentage, not by value.

Ion Skin (passive)
skill-2.gif

When you take magic damage, you will absorb percent of damage taken, store it for up to 8 seconds and deal 250 AOE splash damage + stored magic damage on next attack. Stacks.

Level 1 - Absorbs 15% of damage.
Level 2 - Absorbs 20% of damage.
Level 3 - Absorbs 25% of damage.
Level 4 - Absorbs 30% of damage.

How it works?
Let's say you've been struck by a 300 dmg nuke and level of this ability is 4. You will only take 210 dmg (or less if your heroes have default magic resistance). You will store 90 dmg for up to 8 seconds. If you attack during this time, you will deal normal damage + 90 in a 250 AOE. Note that it stacks and the 8 seconds count resets every time.

Arcane Sphere (active, point target)
icons_2167_btn.jpg

Summons a magical sphere of energy at target location. Units in it will take less damage from physical, but more damage from magic attacks.

Level 1 - +-20% damage, lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - +-30% damage, lasts 13 seconds.
Level 3 - +-40% damage, lasts 16 seconds.

EDIT: made changes to 2nd ability and ulti

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@Dinowc: Very nice hero :). Interesting spells. However, I would change the second spell slightly, lessening the constant mana drain and instead adding constant mana damage inflicted on the caster. It would synergise nicely with the third ability.

I also don't see how his ultimate combines with any of his other abilities......maybe that should be changed too...

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
@Moridin thanks

nice suggestion on changing the 2nd ability :)

I agree that the ulti kinda stands too off compared to others

changed.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
since I'm too lazy to dl the map, I'll just post some hero idea:

Name: Arcane Elemental
Model:
character.gif

Main Attribute: Intelligence
Role: Anti-mage
Abilities:

EDIT: made changes to 2nd ability and ulti

I LOVE the synergy !
However, y Void Mage has a similar Passive ( Null Current ).

I'll make all his abilities, but a different Passive... Suggestions?

+REP and welcome to my yet imaginary credits list ;D

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I'll make all his abilities, but a different Passive... Suggestions?
How about a simple magic damage relfection instead of a buildup? Unfortunately his third ability synergises really really well with his first and second....so it will be hard to think of an alternative.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
How about a simple magic damage relfection instead of a buildup? Unfortunately his third ability synergises really really well with his first and second....so it will be hard to think of an alternative.

I see... So, you people don't mind it being a similar ability?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Well, I don't know if I mind it just yet. It is true that similar / duplicate abilities are annoying at best, but if you really can't get anything else, then use that for now.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well, I don't know if I mind it just yet. It is true that similar / duplicate abilities are annoying at best, but if you really can't get anything else, then use that for now.

Kay. I'll start that Hero when I'm done with the other.

Expect an update with a new Hero, "Death's Advocate" and some minor glitch/bug fixes.

EDIT: Uploaded a new Version of my Map with the New Hero.
Updated the First post with his abilities =)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Played the old map (without the new hero) and I have some feedback. Here it is in point form:

Note: I played solo, meaning I only fought against creeps. You should take that into account when reading my statements.

1) The hero tooltips (in the tavern) need to be fixed. Seriously, I didn't know the abilities of the hero I was picking. For example, the tavern said: Train Blade Mistress: Learns Blink, Fan of Knives.....Veangence.

2) The hero starting zone with the tavern seems a little odd with no south and east walls. Try and block those off with trees / doodads / cliffs / walls. Whatever seems appropriate.

3) I noticed a large empty mid region that is unused. Any idea what's that for?

4) I played the collosus...and here's my feedback for him. In the beginning he seems too weak and in the end too strong (against creeps anyway). Also, his abilities all have downsides. :( Why? They're supposed to be abilities, hence they make him stronger. They're not supposed to offset extra damage with extra damage taken....:S Or do all your heroes have offsetted abilities? If this is the case, then I guess it's ok, because it's balanced anywho.

5) The terrain needs a little work. It works for now, but it isn't very fancy or good looking.

6) I found the lack of items understandable but dissapointing. Items allow a huge range of customization, that unfortunately you don't have because of your attribute system. Might I suggest altering that slightly? Maybe use the up and down arrow keys or something to change attributes?

7) The beginning text message " This is Moridin's attribute profile" or something like that. I think it would be better if it said, "On the top right, you can see your attribute profile." Right now, I didn't know what it was talking about until I saw the multiboard on the top right...

-------------------
Anyway, criticism aside, I think that this could definitely become a really nice arena. The hero abilities that I've seen are pretty original and quite interesting, which is the major thing you need to get right in this kind of map, so GJ. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.