Arena An Arena yet to be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I was just playing the Vampire the other day, pretty impressed with his ability to inflict damage. I would really like to see how he would turn out with that other ability. Dash straight into them and tear their throats out :p

I really like Run Wild, too. Its really interesting to run about and ram into things, but rather difficult to maintain. It seems that I will need more practice if I want to be able to used Run Wild effectively without cancelling it while turning.

I would also like to know if you are planning to change the number of decimal points displayed for variable effects, like stun duration. I think a single decimal point should be suffice, instead of the 3 decimal points shown ATM. If its not too troublesome, of course :p

I'll try out some of the other new abilities when I have time. Really looking forward to it :D

BTW, between Damage Reduction and Evasion, which one do you like more? I somehow dislike Evasion, especially when it helps someone dodge a massive super-nuke.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I was just playing the Vampire the other day, pretty impressed with his ability to inflict damage. I would really like to see how he would turn out with that other ability. Dash straight into them and tear their throats out :p

I really like Run Wild, too. Its really interesting to run about and ram into things, but rather difficult to maintain. It seems that I will need more practice if I want to be able to used Run Wild effectively without cancelling it while turning.

I would also like to know if you are planning to change the number of decimal points displayed for variable effects, like stun duration. I think a single decimal point should be suffice, instead of the 3 decimal points shown ATM. If its not too troublesome, of course :p

I'll try out some of the other new abilities when I have time. Really looking forward to it :D

BTW, between Damage Reduction and Evasion, which one do you like more? I somehow dislike Evasion, especially when it helps someone dodge a massive super-nuke.

I'll tell you this: It's fun to run through enemies and generally use this ability, since it, IMO, looks good ;D

Run wild is difficult to control, I admit. However, since it's a passive-Nuke, I guess it should stay that way =P Besides, doesn't it thrill you, running around at high speeds, knowing that your enemy might be running around in the next corner, keeping your hopes of a supprise attack high? =P

I agree that Evasion may be overpowered the way it is... And I dislike to abuse it, aswell xD However, I guess a slight change in bonus per Agility and bonus per book would do the trick.

I can change the stun duration from decimal to non-decimal =) Just thought, since there are durations inbetween, it might be better.

Will be making changes =P

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Alright, I deceided to change "Arcane Orb" into "Arcane Strains".
Basically, the Arcane Elemental will summon a Orb, which has a Giant AOE. Any enemy unit that casts something will be "strained". They cannot leave the Orb boundries and their mana is constantly drained for 3 seconds while dealing some damage. Multiple casts will just increase the duration of the "strain" by 1.5 seconds.

Then, I deceided to give the Guardian of Stone a heal/damage spell.
I'm not sure what to call it yet, but it will have the following effects.
If cast on oneself, it will reduce incoming damage by 14% - 21% and heal for 35% of Magic Power over 7 seconds. If cast on enemy, it will increase magic damage suffered by 15% and stuns for an additional 0.75 seconds.

As for the Blade Master - I will change the effects of "Mana Blade" and "Dispersion" to synergize a bit better.
Also, I've though about giving him a passive that increases his damage output for a short period of time whenever his dodges an attack or spell by a static amount. Effect would stack. However, It doesn't synerigze alot with him, but it's more or less an ability that comes in handy against all types of enemies.

The Warlord has now an Ability called "Blunt Punishment".
It's a passive that allows him to hit hard every few seconds. It grants him an AOE attack if there are other units around the attacked unit or increases the damage output by his strength if there is no other units other than the attacked unit in range of the AOE.

The Blade Mistress would get some kind of an assassinate Spell. Mark of the assassin or something that debuffs her enemies or increases her damage output for a short period of time.

Well, thats all for the update in progress.
Any comments or suggestions?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Small update on Progress:

- Finished "Counterlogic"; Increases the Blade Master's damage output by 25 whenever he dodges an attack/spell. Lasts 12 seconds. Damage stacks.

To my suprise, it synergizes wonderfully with his other abilities; Besides, a new "build" opens up for him - either go for an anti-mage ( skill your intelligence high) or go for a combat type ( putting the stress on Agility and strength ). Both variants are somewhat OP right now, but meh, I'll start balancing once all the skills are done =)

As for the Blade Mistress; I've deceided to give her a double-edged skill. I'm not too sure what to call it yet, but It will have the following effects:

Apon activation, you gain increased physical and magical damage, but as long as you are under the effect of the buff, you lose A portion of your life for every attack/cast.

How does that sound?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Minor update on progress:

- finished "Spellweave Entangle"; entangles enemy units for up to 7 seconds. The moment they cast a spell while entangled, they take damage, but they are able to move again. AOE effect.

Now, only the Blade Misstress' 4th ability is missing. Any Ideas?

After that, I will be able to concentrate on cosmetics ( in specific the duel arena and the duel itself ). And, by chance, make a limit to hero kills so someone can win the Game and a few other fun Game modes (Sudden Death, Tournament Mode, Team Death Match ). Oh, and introduce you to a new Hero (the Concept is ready, but the skills need more working before I code them ).

Thats all for now =)

EDIT: Re-worked Arcane Elemental's "Arcane Sphere" to "Archspell"; Summons a Ward at a target location. Whenever an enemy unit casts a spell, that unit's mana is drained at it takes damage equal to 15% of the Arcane Elementals Max. mana. Drains 5% of the Arcane Elemental's Max. mana / sec. Any additional casts while draining increases the drain's duration by 1 second. A maximum of 3 units can be effected at once. Once a unit is out of the Range of the Ward, the drain collapses. Ward lasts 12 seconds.

The Blade Misstress' 4th ability is still missing and I just can't come up with somethng interesting which synergizes good with her...

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Just played the Blade Mistress. Pretty powerful DPS. However, what I don't get is that Blade throw thing of her's. I can't really grasp its path too well. Does the blade move in a circle or is it simply a curved line?

In addition, I really like her third ability. Being able to hit for massive damage every few attacks is pretty amazing.

A suggestion for her ability:
Iron Maiden- The Blade Mistress becomes more deadly when taking damage, and more durable when inflicting damage.
For the next 10 seconds, the Blade Mistress gains 5% of the damage taken as attack damage, capped at 75% (?) of your current attack damage. In addition, the Blade Mistress will ignore damage that may cause her death during this time. The amount of damage she can ignore is based on how much damage she has taken.

Basically, the second part gives you some form of unique lifesteal. Say you dealt 200 damage since, and you have 100 health left. Someone hits you for 150 damage. You will lose 99 health and the shield will absorb 51 damage. This allows you to lifesteal while under this effect.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Very Nice Idea !

I'll take over this concept ( I will change a few numbers and stuff ). It synergizes pretty well with Blade Crest and Bloodthirst :3

Thanks !

Oh, the "Cross Edge" ability moves in a Circle ( I've tried to make it eliptic, but failed ). It IS very difficult to aim, but against masses of enemies, it just matters to scoop up as many enemies as possible =P Replenishes your health pretty quick, depending on how you skilled your Hero ^.^

EDIT:
The Blade Mistress' Iron Will causes her to be more adept in combat for 10 seconds. While Iron Maiden is in effect, any damage that would reduce her health under 1 HP will be ignored and any physical damage dealt to her will be converted into bonus attack damage.

Converts 7% of the damage recieved into bonus attack power. Bonus recieved cannot exceed 250.

60 second cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.