An ASUS AM3/DDR2 mobo?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello

Recently I just thought of upgrading my FLAIL Gigabyte motherboard and my Dynamo Power Supply for something new, along with a new processor.

I've chosen a processor (though not bought yet) and it is the AMD Athlon II x2 250. I chose this because it offers enough GHz, I don't multitask that much, and I'm not much of an Intel fan. Other than that, it is compatible with DDR2/3 RAMs and AM2+/3 mobos.

I'm looking for an AM3 motherboard (or at least AM2+) specifically of the ASUS brand (or any other brand that's good - I hate Gigabyte) and also works with Thermaltake/Coolermaster - or if it has to be, Corsair - Power Supplies (400w).

Thanks in advance.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Just a note: If you put an AM3 processor in an AM2+ motherboard I believe you'll lose DDR3 support.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

One hundred dollars? Yeah, it can fit w/ the total budget, but I'm trying to find something cheaper, but doesn't sacrifice a lot of compatibility.

I don't overclock, if this information helps.

Just a note: If you put an AM3 processor in an AM2+ motherboard I believe you'll lose DDR3 support.

You mean permanently? All I know is that this processor is compatible with both motherboards.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
AM2+ -> DDR2
AM3 -> DDR3
I reckoned these is no existence so such board except for those ultra duper rare, supports both DDR2 and DDR3.

Another choice would be MSI 770T-C45(AM2+ + DDR2) and MSI 770-C45(AM3 + DDR3)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.