An item that can be turned on/off to increase damage?

nabbig2

Reaction score
If you do know Dota's Armlet of Mordiggian, I am essentially trying to replicate this item.

When you click on the item, it activates and gives you bonus damage at the cost of HP regen or something.

I have two problems:
-I can add the damage when the item is activated, but how do I detect if it's deactivated to remove the damage?
-How do get the icon of the item to change depending on if it is turned on or off? Thankyou.

Reaction score
If you don't know vJASS, this will be hard for you, as all the systems that allow this functionality are in vJASS.

Alternitavely, you can create two identical items, one with the skill and the other without it.

Reaction score
That's two items. When you cast the first one you remove it and add the one with bonuses, when you cast the second you are given the first item.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
those are actually 2 different items

make a simple trigger where when you use the first item swap it with the second one and vice versa

give the second item increased damage bonus and hp regeneration ability with a negative value

EDIT: as Tyrande said

nabbig2

Reaction score
Oh thankyou guys, +rep.

However I'd like to ask if there is a way to apply cooldown to it, since the cooldown from the ability does not work. If it's too complicated jass though, I can live with this. Thanks again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.