An ultra-rare NUON Enhanced DVD Player (aka JAGUAR 3) for Christmas?

QLvsJAGUAR

Reaction score
Hi folks,

in late 2001, early 2002 SAMSUNG used Switzerland as a test market for the ARIES3 based N504 NUON Enhanced DVD Player. This is the more developed PAL/Region2/230V version of the much more common N501 NTSC/Region1/110V unit which was sold in the US. The front panel looks like the N501 (having two controller ports), the back panel has SCART (AV), Analog Audio L/R, Video Out, S-Video Out, Digital Audio Out Optical and Digital Audio Out Coaxial.

As I’m Swiss, a JAGUAR/NUON enthusiast since day one and a collector I came across quite a few of those beasts over the last decade. Analysing the serial numbers off all units I’ve seen so far I estimate that only about 1500 units were made and sold. They are ultra-rare!

On my old school JAGUAR/NUON webpage are 3 easter-eggs (hidden links). Two of them show my stockpile of N504 units. Explore even if you can’t read/understand the German. Here’s the link:
http://www.qlvsjaguar.homepage.bluewin.ch/Jaguar.html

I regularly take one of my spares to the E-JAGFEST where we enjoy playing Tempest 3000, Iron Soldier 3, Merlin Racing and other games. This year I was asked by some friends if I could sell my spares. I’ve made my mind and decided that it’s time to let them go. Two are already gone to German JAGUAR community friends. Currently I have two spare units (player, remote control) left. Both are fully functional and in great optical condition. Both units have been codefree enabled and now play both region 2 and 1 DVDs. Here are two pictures of those systems:
http://sdrv.ms/1cYfo4v

I don’t want to list the remaining units in ebay (fees and hassle) but would accept enquiries from community members by PM. Based on the number and type of enquiries I will then make an offer.

Make yourself a present and get one of those ultra-rare gems. Great for both collectors and gamers. Once those are gone it is very unlikely any more coming to surface.
Cheers, Urs

QLvsJAGUAR

Reaction score
Be careful what you say. I'm a serious JAGUAR/NUON enthusiast and was able to supply N504s to many like minded.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
lol, NUON fame. Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Can't tell if this is sarcasm, or if you're just not intelligent enough to talk to.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Sand in the vagine? I'm intelligent enough to support myself as a software engineer, currently contracting for NASA, so I guess that would make it sarcasm.

I'll make this simple - it would seem that I was agreeing with you as far as NUON and fame being an oxymoron. Given that the platform saw between 6 and 8 commercial releases, and nobody outside of this tiny corner of the net even knows what it is, yeah it is not famous.

BTW - who are you and as asked above, what have you done for the community? Just deciding to troll a forum with a few dozen posts a year?

grimm

Cool Member
Reaction score
I bought one of QL's nouns, but sadly it didnt survive shipping. Is anyone here in possession of a spare driver for this unit? Ive been looking for a Samsung M-104 or 105 as its the same driver but to no luck. QL has done the same but has yet to find anything as well. This was not a scam but a sad misfortune. I spent quite a lot for the unit, and also just spent $400 on Ironl Soldier 3, so im in quite the desperation mood here....

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Dude - that sucks :( I'll do some research - I remember many years ago, talk of a replacement drive for the N501 units. I'll search my archives, old emails, etc. and post back if I find anything.

grimm

Cool Member
Reaction score
I know of a replacement drive as i mentioned, and yes the 501 has the same as well according to QL, and ive found a couple of those on ebay and/or amazon, but they are quite expensive and shipping from the us or canada would not be nice...

grimm

Cool Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it says it cant read burned disks though...? Still, bid on it if you want to, my first concern is to get the 504 playing original disks.

grimm

Cool Member
Reaction score
hum, i dunno, €20? i cant imagine it would reach that high though.. and i wouldnt know how much shipping ontop of that would be. Shipping from germany, to sweden where i live, is usually expensive for some reason. More so than shipping from the UK for example. But please bid and if you win we can work that out in time.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.