[Andrewgosu's Iconing Section]

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
can someone make these for me?

conditions
  • icons should be black and white
  • has a black layer with 50% opacity over it (i want them look like DISBTN)

1. crown of king (helmet)
2. Necklace of Spell Immunity (Necklace)
3. Ring of Protection (ring)
4. Boots of Speed (shoe)
5. Iron Forged Sword (sword)
6. Runed Bracer (bracer)
7. Gloves of Haste (gloves)
8. Belt of Giant Strength (belt)
9. Spider ring (earring)
10. moon armor (armor)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply Andrewgosu, but thanks for making these (Even though I haven't used them yet). +Rep for devoting several hours into making icons :D.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Is there a difference between .blp icons and .tga? Doesn't seems that way. Actually, I like my icons this way in .tga format, unless converting them is better.

Oh and I was looking at the icons but Defend [Rank 3] is a thinner and is like Stell Plated Armor, but oh well, the icons are great so why bother? I still got the Defend [Rank 3] icon in DISBTN and it looks like the way Defend [Rank 3] BTN should look like.

Since I don't want you to do so much work Andrewgosu, which program do you use besides Adobe Photoshop? The GIMP?

EDIT:

Nevermind, it said what program you used.

S

Sunny_D

i doubt if someone has PS that he needs gimp anymore... ;)

and converting in .blp is highly recommend, because it saves massively the filesize. a normal BTN blp icon has about 4 kb in size with already a good quality (70). but you can compress it even more if you want. tga files take 12kb in every case, afaik tga doesnt use any kind of compression at all.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
You mean, you want the original icons to be modified to look like black and white and be like DISBTN, without the borders?

make it looks like DISBTN, you know without the border thingy
and make it looks plain, not much color, similar to black and white

i want icons to be black and white (1st)
then add some slight grey layer on top (black layer with 50% opacity)
if the picture cant barely be seen, then reduce the opacity.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
i doubt if someone has PS that he needs gimp anymore... ;)

and converting in .blp is highly recommend, because it saves massively the filesize. a normal BTN blp icon has about 4 kb in size with already a good quality (70). but you can compress it even more if you want. tga files take 12kb in every case, afaik tga doesnt use any kind of compression at all.

So, if I compress it more, it will be even smaller but keep it's detail as the way before compressing?

S

Sunny_D

no. the more you compress it the less filesize but also the less quality/detail. so you have to balance it out between quality and filesize. from my experience a quality of 45-50 for icons is good enough, but that depends also on the picture itself. just try out some things and decide for yourself whats a good balance.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Hay Andrewgosu could you make an icon of a Anch of Rencarnation Only have it 2D (flat) With Curved Edges, and Make it Red With a white BackGround
Thanks, and also i forgot to give rep for last icons ill do it now:D

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Andrewgosu, what color do you use to make icons DISBTN or DISPASBTN and whatever......the DIS part? Like the numbers:

And whatever. I'm trying to make icons (But most are Cut and Paste :() but I'd like to know how DISBTN and DISPASBTN icons are created.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm.....24 bit icons that are shown in the Image Extractor are bluish or purple :(. How can I enhance my icons to beome 32 bit? My PSP9 can only do up to 24 bit icons.

master maste

Reaction score
Thanks a tonne Andrewgosu +rep, I thought you had disappeared for awhile but you surprised me :) thanks again

S

Sunny_D

@Thanatos: huh? i doubt you can only save it 24bits... are you sure? anyway, you can try saving the icon in 24 bit and without the alpha channel...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> that are shown in the Image Extractor are bluish or purple
Tried the Warcraft 3 Viewer?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.