Android vs iOS videos

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I don't own an iphone, so I was hoping Icyculyr or someone could comment on if there is a better way of doing such tasks on the iDevices

[video=youtube;NMiY1kSTHZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw[/video]

[video=youtube;Ayx4XsBaJBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayx4XsBaJBI[/video]

these videos are made by Wicked4u2c on XDA

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. At school, I happened to use Google Galaxy Nexus phone (Android 4, fo project), HTC Wildfire S (Android 2.3.5, my personal phone), and my roommate's iPhone 4S.

To be strict, I have no problems whatsoever with the devices/smartphones I use accordingly. My roommate however, it's obsessed with iPhone 4S, and loves to mock me over HTC Wildfire S. The video depicted the use of Galaxy Nexus, which I haven't had the chance to borrow it outside of my campus. Even the new features in Android 4 is more like AWESOME, DUDE feeling I get when I've been using my HTC Wildfire S for a year. I can imagine my roommate mock over me after watching the first video, and probably the second video, because what these videos are showing, are the Android 4 demostrations.

As for the second video, BETTER! It uses an older Samsung smartphone with a version nearly close to my HTC phone, but why compare it to an iPad 2? If it's about comparing the embedded OS, then I really have no comment.

Maybe I should let my roommate review these videos once he has the time. It's even incredible that the ratings are 95% positive/approved for these two videos.

It's not fair, actually. Even though I'm an Android user, I felt the need that these videos need to be consistent with the OS version they are displaying. The second video is not applicable, as it merely demos an older version of Android 2, and gets back to Android 4.

Then again, I think that the iOS has charisma, the Android has usability. If you are the person who cherishes charisma, or social relations, (like in business, work, making romantic relations, etc.), use iPhone 4S or iPad 2. If you are a power user, someone who prefers usage over looks, personalizations, customizable features, etc., use Android. If you get Android 4, that's great, awesome to the top. If you're still using Android 2.X version, it's not like the end of the world for you, you know? I'm okay with whatever you use.

Also, I should mention that my roommate had already jailbroken his iPhone 4S. So, it may implies that stock iOS 5 for iPhone/iPad2 is generally bad. Also, the second video made a good point in replacing batteries. Why people are getting lazy with replacing batteries, is a question that should be asked in the video... for clarity.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It's even incredible that the ratings are 95% positive/approved for these two videos.

that's because the source is a poster from XDA, and personally I felt like the first video was OK as well.. i mean comparing the number of people running ICS to the number of people who use an iphone4s is a relatively fair comparison.. comparing a 2-year old android phone would be more appropriate vs a iphone 3/3gs or so.. but w/e

just as a reference, I am running ICS on a HTC g2 (2 year old phone, new OS)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I watched the first video, and I watched a third of the second video. He's got some valid points, but I think he over does it a bit... for example in the first video when he's talking about the back button, and whilst it's a great thing, it doesn't automatically make iOS difficult to use which is what he was making it out to be -- iOS is probably the most uniform, most natural UI around right now, even across any and all versions of the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

And he's wrong about multi-tasking on iOS, it's the developers fault if their app doesn't run in the background, as the API for such functionality does exist.

I'm looking forward to iOS 6 though... iOS 5 was good but kind of a tock, not a tick.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about most uniform mobile ui OS you have to look at W7P's UI

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
If you are talking about most uniform mobile ui OS you have to look at W7P's UI
I've not used one thoroughly, but I do like the look of it. However iOS is uniform across the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and at its core, even across all versions of the OS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.