Animated GIF desktop background in windows 7

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Yeah, as the title suggests I am wondering how to put a animated GIF image as a desktop background in windows 7.

It works fine for any other OS, but it my friend seem to have problems with doing it in 7.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i ended up needing to make a sidebar gadget for vista in order to do this.. i think win7 is the same..

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

for examples (it's just a bit of web-ish coding), and don't get scared by all the files.. you really only need to find the one that represents your lanugage, and then copy+paste it, then rename/change it so that instead of doing w/e it does, it just displays your image

I can't seem to find my gadget anymore.. or I would post it as an example, sorry

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Thank you.. He is going to try that :) And the image shows up as a desktop background if he does that?:)

Edit:
He can't even get access to that folder:S It says that he needs some TrustedInstaller thing to access it :(

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
He can't even get access to that folder:S It says that he needs some TrustedInstaller thing to access it :(

that sounds fishy.. it doesn't even ask me for admin rights.. this isn't win7 basic by any chance, is it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.