Animation and Frenzy

TheCrystal

Reaction score
So as some of you may know, attack speed is maxed at a certain point because of the Unit Animation, specifically the Combat - Attack # - Animation Damage/Backswing Point

By setting these to 0 the unit instantly damages its target without doing the animation.

The problem I'm having now is having it work correctly with already low animation cooldown.
My unit's cooldown at level 100 is around .33, but when I do the frenzy ability (600% Bonus Attack Speed) there is no change in the attack speed. I had two of these 100s fight eachother, the one using the Frenzy ability actually lost. Am I editting the right values? Any ideas to fix this?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How about you set the back swing point to a lower value instead of setting it to 0?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I set it to a lower point and it looks like, when the two are fighting, that the one with Frenzy is just a LITTLE bit faster, but still, the same thing occures.

Kahem

Reaction score
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Frenzy
Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 600.00% of its original speed
Wait until (((Triggering unit) has buff Frenzy ) Equal to False), checking every 0.10 seconds
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed

that help?

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Why do you need them to attack that fast? :p

At the end it's rather boring to see units attack that fast, if you ask me.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
They're attacking that fast because their atack speed progresses at each level, and so does the bonus attack speed.

Edit: Blade, you're wrong, at least there wasn't back a few versions.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
there is a limit on AS... i think it's unbreakable.
even if you put 0 on the animation fields.

units cant attack more that 10++ attacks per second.

test this
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123653

you can open the map and put 0.01 if you feel so

>My unit's cooldown at level 100 is around .33, but when I do the frenzy ability (600% Bonus Attack Speed) there is no change in the attack speed. I had two of these 100s fight eachother, the one using the Frenzy ability actually lost. Am I editting the right values? Any ideas to fix this?

hmm, weird I never saw this happening. Post a demo map so I can see it.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I tested the max speed theory, and it didn't work? I remember I tested this back a few versions and it crashed the map when the unit attacked.

Ugh, Blizzard keeps changing things, maybe it was because the game code changed. Like when you could unally yourself or you could do negative damage.

Anyways, here's the test map. The speed is still given by the Blademaster but there are no effects (Copy and paste)

Attachments

• ToProve.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 153
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.