AoS Anime AoS

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
are modelers rare here? or do the modelers jsut dont like doing anime models like hive or wc3campaigns?

Modelers are rare in every modding site. It might be true, in my experience.... Even most requests for model editing come unanswered...

In The Hive there is a forum there, Requests. There you can request for a model or anything you want. But before posting, please read atleast the rules in that forum.

If you are going to request for a modeler for a few anime chars, well, I have formulated some kind of method (that I use, hope it helps:eek:) to increase your chances:
  • First and foremost, don't focus on the models first. Try to finish all the features, the terrain and spells and make your heroes use default Wc3 models at the moment, and do your first beta release.
  • Second, create the map preview, the load screen (if any) and an official map thread here at TheHelper.
  • Third, you can now request for a model edit, but make sure you talk about it seriously and explain about the map in great detail, and most importantly, explain some things why the people should play this map?
It all makes one thing clear; make your request convincing!

As for the map, I like the idea a lot. I'm not a fan of Naruto but I'm a real fan of Dragon Ball (DBZ, just a bit). Don't forget Goku's Kamehameha Wave spell!

Try this if you havent, go to EpicWar and download "FIGHT OF CHARACTERS" if you haven't played it yet. It's an anime hero arena, maybe even the second most popular map next to DotA. I play it alot on LAN because all the Heroes use custom models and spells. Play the map, for some inspiration!

And some character suggestions if you didn't include them yet, include Sephiroth (FF7, Download link to Custom Model), Inuyasha (Custom Model), Perfect Cell (DBZ, Model).

I might give more anime characters if you want...

misterotaku

Reaction score
To Jonadrian

I alraedy posted on more than 3 sites not including this site about my project, the most help was from the hive (which i already knew about since long ago :p) since that is where i was able to recruit my triggerers and terrainer,
modelers and animators however as usual was a failure to recruit.

thanks alot, the reason why i actually focused on the models was because for some reason my spell triggerer likes to do them WITH the models, i am not sure why but i think its because he likes to make it as close to the anime as possible and he doesnt like warcraft models, but dont be mistaken, he is pro :D

I was going to start with the gameplay triggers soon and terrain is almost done probably already going to be finished sometime this week i hope (need to ask the terrainer :p)

And i will post the lodaing screen but i had many failed experiments so still trying to make the "perfect one" since i am like somewhat of a graphic maker guy, while the others are doing their own thing ^^.

thanks for the help + advice and all those 3 characters (maybe except cell) were going to be on my map, and foc is one of the best maps out there, i already played it tons of times with my friends though i am still a noob :p

PS: still trying to find a kamehameha spell model but besides that goku is already basically done :p

PSS: I have around 25 heroes from 11 diffrent series in my head, though some of the models have not yet been made or needs editing T.T

well thanks again jonadrian ^^

(if anyone by the way is a member of a chinese site called www.haomod.cn, i have some models there that i would really appreciate if i could download, but you need some "coins" or something inorder to get it, if i am not mistaken i believe its like rep but since i dont speak chinese i cant get any. So once again if anyone is a member of that site please download the models i cant and send them to me ^^)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm looking forward to play this map..:thup: I like anime maps the most that's why it's fun to help map-makers making anime maps! And I love watching anime and reading manga as well.

For FoC I like to play it a lot! In a LAN game I also killed that pinkish boss (a demon hunter sort of thing, maginbo) with 100000 HP and eventually won the game. Maybe turn Cell into a powerful Boss or something. Bosses in your map make gameplay more diverse and challenging.

still trying to find a kamehameha spell model but besides that goku is already basically done
In my opinion, Kamehameha is already on the Hive I think and you can download it. You can make the spell using the models in Wc3 instead of finding another one, and believe me you can make cool eye candy with those models.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php?status=g&search=kamehameha&d=list&r=20
This is a search query I've made in The Hive Workshop, and it contains a bunch (5 to be exact) of varied spells based on Goku's Kamehameha Wave, including a DBZ spell pack:thup:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?status=g&c=27&d=list&r=20
Another search query, all anime models in THW. Some of them are not really based on anime but still make a good model.

Maybe I could give it a try making a Map Preview for your map. I'm also a graphics guy, I know some basic effects like abstract warp but I'm real good at CnP(Copy and Paste) and photo editing.

misterotaku

Reaction score
thanks jondrian once again for helping out, i can use that Baba model i found for a shop in my map ^^.

In my opinion those kamehameha spells are no where near as cool/realistic to the anime as the one you can see in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0eivKTJWI
because they have the model :p

AND ANIME MAPS ROCK! but i seriously wonder why people in hive HATE it so much, i can understand hating naruto models since so many people ask for it but why the maps themselvles,,, hmmm.

this site is WAAAY more open to anime stuff which is why i like this place better, but modelers are rare no matter where you go. :S

misterotaku

Reaction score
i actually already got all i could on hive yesterday, and i did find usefull ones but there are still many that i need help with.

and dont get me wrong i have checked plently of other sites besides the hive.

so please any effect modelers out there?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.