Anime Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
It was more then one show but it was bleach and Naruto before and now they added a lot of gundams and other animes which names I do not know. But the size of the forum doubled in my eyes. Too bad I don't really watch most of those animes.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Here's what you do. Start off with a Community Category. General Chat, News, Site Bugs and Features stuff.

Pick a topic. With you, since it's an ANIME forum, so pick anime. In a SECOND category, stick a single forum for ... Hmm... 3, let's say shows. Naruto. Full Metal. Gundam. 3 fairly famous shows.

Then, add a 4th forum: General Anime. So then, ya got a place for people to talk about OTHER animes. When you see a lot of threads about one show... BAM! NEW FORUM!

There. A quick, simple base for your forum. You can build on it from there. And it won't overwhelm your members.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Yeah you should try Seth Cross's idea. It's seems like a good idea and if an anime in the general anime is becoming really active then you can give it it's own forum.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yeah you should try Seth Cross's idea. It's seems like a good idea and if an anime in the general anime is becoming really active then you can give it it's own forum.

No. You really should refrain from making new forums. Unless your site is REALLY big, and gets lots of posts about one subject, stick to the "General Anime" style.

More forums isn't really better, sure one might get a lot of posts about one subject, but it just makes your forum look worse, as new members will look and see too many different things.

I own a semi popular local gaming scene forum, and we have it like this:

Console Gaming:
Nintendo Systems
Sony Systems
Microsoft Systems
Other Systems

Other Gaming:
Arcade Gaming
PC Gaming
Other Gaming Devices

If we were to get a lot of posts about Halo in the Microsoft systems forum, we aren't going to make a new forum for it. Why? Because it's just clutter, one more thing to moderate, and for the people how don't like Halo, it bugs.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Ok how about this. The top 3 gets to be on the front page but if another anime is getting more post and more attentions for awhile say a month then it will be moved to the front page. So the most active stays in front and the lesser ones stays in the general anime forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.