I also have a lord in front of my username you just can't see :p

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I appreciate anything well done

Spirited Away <---- Awesome
DBZ <------ Scary
Most other Anime <----- overacted and unoriginal

But I am open to just about anything, it is just that in my experience, anytime anyone has shown me an anime thing they thought was awesome, sucked in my opinion

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I have converted hundreds like you before, Knocksious
You will join us one day... We have cookies ^^

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Most other Anime <----- overacted and unoriginal

Bah...

You just haven't seen the right ones. Anime is not a genre, it's an art style. It's not like saying "I don't like comedy", it's like saying "I don't like paintings", or something of they like.

Knocksious

Reaction score
>Anime is not a genre, it's an art style. It's not like saying "I don't like comedy", it's like saying "I don't like paintings", or something of they like.

Uh..... I wholeheartedly disagree
I can understand if it means more to you than just a genre, but that is false. It is a type of animation.

I really didn't like anime, because of DBZ until someone who I thought was a level-headed person said I should watch Spirited Away, and I loved it. I watched some other stuff that was on TV and I didn't like it.

Still open to opinions, still open to beautiful movies and original ideas, but don't try and sell me Naruto. I won't buy

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Anime is not a genra, I will say this, Anime is just animation, no different *in the way of the fact it is animation* then any other animation.

Anime has genra in it, all the same as everything else.

even if they have a anime only section, it is not a genra.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, actually, anime isn't animation. People get confused with that. Just because it has "anim" in it, doesn't mean that everything that is animated is anime. Anime has a distinct art style and sometimes more choppier animation :p.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Because I'm one of the great lords of Anime :rolleyes:
I know alot of things about anime
I also have a lord in front of my username you just can't see :p

And that allows you the power to know who had intercourse with anime hmm?

>Spirited Away <---- Awesome

Totally agree.

Now that i think, i want my vote as "Uh, oh yea... Uh! I love anime!"

Cuz all the best shows are Anime.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yea, many people chose "Uh... Oh yea! Uh! I love anime!" despite the fact that that means that you want to have intercourse with it.

Anyways, carry on! :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
And that allows you the power to know who had intercourse with anime hmm?

Don't push your luck just remember I'm Crazy you don't know what I would do if someone insults me :p (BTW I don't even know)

But anyway back ontopic

Spirited Away <---- Awesome

I like Hayao Miyazaki work
Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

My favorites is Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky

SilverHawk

Reaction score
I can understand if it means more to you than just a genre, but that is false.

Very, very wrong. A genre is something like comedy, sci-fi, or horror. A style is something like anime, claymation, or live action.

Knocksious

Reaction score
>Very, very wrong. A genre is something like comedy, sci-fi, or horror. A style is something like anime, claymation, or live action.

it is the same basic type of classification instead of
Entertainment>Films>Animation>Anime

it is

Entertainment>Films>Anime

the point being that it is NOT like saying I don't like paintings in general.
It is perfectly logical to say you don't like claymation, because you find it an ineffective medium to present the ideas in the film.

You must admit, however, that the vast majority of anime focuses on the genre of Action/Adventure, and in fact a certain type of action/adventure that involves is known as "fantasy".

It is a combination of several things that spurns my distaste for anime in general:
-I don't really like fantasy, unless it is masterfully done
-I don't really like animated films/movies/tv shows, unless they serve some artistic value other than the fact that they are drawn
-I don't really like the elitist attitude associated with anime, the fact that I am writing this probably makes a few of you offended, which is just proving my point

SilverHawk

Reaction score
It is perfectly logical to say you don't like claymation, because you find it an ineffective medium to present the ideas in the film.

This doesn't help your point if you admit to enjoying things like Spirited Away (which I also like, by the way :p).

You must admit, however, that the vast majority of anime focuses on the genre of Action/Adventure, and in fact a certain type of action/adventure that involves is known as "fantasy".

I must do no such thing. There are a large number of "soap opera-esque" anime out there, which I do not enjoy at all. Furthermore, tons of anime take place in the real world. Again, I don't prefer these, but they do exist. King Tongoll might be able to name some - he knows a lot more anime than I do. There are also thrillers, horrors, etc. You name it, they have it.

This doesn't help your point if you admit to enjoying things like Spirited Away (which I also like, by the way).

It is a combination of several things that spurns my distaste for anime in general:
-I don't really like fantasy, unless it is masterfully done

Addressed above.

-I don't really like animated films/movies/tv shows, unless they serve some artistic value other than the fact that they are drawn

This is a more legitimate point. I think it's closed-minded and I disagree, but it's a valid point.

-I don't really like the elitist attitude associated with anime, the fact that I am writing this probably makes a few of you offended, which is just proving my point

Oh, there are elitists about everything. I don't think anyone should be offended by your opinion, though I do obviously disagree with it. However, you'll definitely find elitists wherever you look.

Knocksious

Reaction score
@silverhawk

alright, alright, Anime is a genre along the lines of claymation being a genre, but you can't convince me that all anime is good by way of an argument, since nobody actually wins in an argument, but if I was in your exact same circumstances, I would love anime just as much as you do. I have just not had the same positive experiences related to the style

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@silverhawk

alright, alright, Anime is a genre along the lines of claymation being a genre, but you can't convince me that all anime is good by way of an argument, since nobody actually wins in an argument, but if I was in your exact same circumstances, I would love anime just as much as you do. I have just not had the same positive experiences related to the style

Not all people like anime or claymation, or even tv or anything!! :p

So, I guess it is all just opinions, in my opinion. xD

SilverHawk

Reaction score
you can't convince me that all anime is good by way of an argument

I'm not, by any means. I don't even believe that. All I'm trying to convince you of is that not all anime is bad - like anything else, you'll find good ones and bad ones. Anime can be good, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is. All I'm suggesting here is that people who claim to dislike it ought avoid such hasty generalizations.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.