Announcing Moonlite - the next generation mapping tool for Warcraft III/Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
So here I am, finally officially telling people that my project exists.
Some of you here might know it already, but to those of you who don't, here's the story:

It all started out 10 months ago - I was just starting Visual Basic and had decided to write a simple syntax highlighter for this new shiny thing called "cJass", since I was a beta tester. Now, people that know me well know that I can't quit on things that I like, and of course this wasn't an exception. So for 10 months I have kept improving it and adding new features, and now I have finally come to creating the actual application.

That was the short version - trust me, you don't want to hear the long one - now to the fun. I have just finished the Project Manager and the text editor feature of the application, so here are some screenshots. I am now going to finish the Jass parser and then implement the code completion data provider. After that, there are still buttloads of things to do, so don't expect the release to be right on the way.

So yeah, along the way I will give you guys updates and screenshots, and eventually an open beta will come out.

Current features:
  • Project Manager - manages your files and folders in your project
  • Text editor
  • Built-in bug reporter (connects to an FTP server and uploads a file containing bug information)
  • Jass parser that gives you an intelligent code completion like the one in Visual Studio
  • Completely skinable look
  • Allows the user to create plugins
  • (More to come)

Thanks for any interest/support.

PS.: any suggestions/feature requests are welcome!

Attachments

• AnnouncingMoonlite.png
    AnnouncingMoonlite.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 472
  • AnnouncingMoonlite2.png
    AnnouncingMoonlite2.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 409
  • AnnouncingMoonlite3.png
    AnnouncingMoonlite3.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 399

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
1. Was this coded in VB or C++??
2. Is this OpenSource.. I want to see the source code :)

Sounds like another Jasscraft.. Good Job :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
1. Was this coded in VB or C++??
2. Is this OpenSource.. I want to see the source code :)

Sounds like another Jasscraft.. Good Job :)

1. Neither, it was coded in C# :)
2. Might be... haven't decided on that one yet. It won't be buildable since I can't redistrubute DevExpress libraries though.

Hopefully it should be better than JassCraft :)

Looks like those 10 months paid off. Nice work ! :thup:

Yeah, but there's still a lot to do. I've gotten the code completion to work, it is very intelligent AND context sensitive.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Where can I get it? I'm very curious to see the final product. I'll be a client for sure. Maybe, once it's done, posting it in World Editor help for more visibility?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
As said, it's not available yet. But I think the open beta will be out in start april. You gotta be patient ;)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
So, I figured I should tell you guys all the stuffz I implemented.
Here's a list:

• The application is now fully extensible (uses same extensibility framework as Visual Studio 2010)
  • The code completion for Jass/vJass is nearly finished - is now fully case sensitive and intelligent. Only thing I still have to do is inheritance.
  • I'm currently working on the error list which will provide dynamic errors like Visual Studio 2010. (If enabled) This means that it is basically running JassHelper as a background thread every (INTERVAL HERE) and updates a list of errors.
  • Implemented live code preview (when code completion is suggesting an item, shows the code of it if available)

Yeah, I guess that's all for now.
Suggestions/thoughts?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I have one more suggestion that I don't know how feasible it would be, but if there could be an option to save your typing history as well as the actual code (so like you type 10 lines, save, open it up tomorrow, and then can use "undo" to undo the 10th line (the one that you typed yesterday))

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I have one more suggestion that I don't know how feasible it would be, but if there could be an option to save your typing history as well as the actual code (so like you type 10 lines, save, open it up tomorrow, and then can use "undo" to undo the 10th line (the one that you typed yesterday))

Nope, that would fill your whole computer up with junk very fast. Sorry :(

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Another update. I made compiling/dynamic syntax checking fully work - atleast what I've tested so far. This means that an open beta is really close. Watch this thread guys, or maybe I should make a new one in the Warcraft III Talk forum, for more testers? Let me hear what you think.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Damnit. I won't be able to use it then :(. Sorry.

If you want GUI, you can just make a plugin for it :) Basically any app can easily be ported to be a plugin, and I think MindWorX over at WC3C made an app that simulates GUI, so you can PM him and ask if he could give you the source and I'll teach you how to port it to a plugin. :)

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
What language can plugins be written in? C/C++/C#?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.