Announcing Moonlite - the next generation mapping tool for Warcraft III/Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So... is it going to be compatible with Linux?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Oooooohhh, I'll find a way to get this to work on Linux...

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think life would be better if all products were cross platform.

Lyerae

Reaction score
You mean a torrent? An illegal torrent? :/

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Key word: Don't send your computer to cops.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Haha, funny. -.-

Even if I wanted to download it, my 50KB/s connection stops me from doing that.

Moogle

Reaction score
I think life would be better if all products were cross platform.

Development times would increase astronomically and few things would get done, especially things that will only work on one OS, like AHK for Windows.

What you meant to say is life would be better if everyone was on one OS.

On the subject of Moonlite, how are things going to work with making extra files? Is it going to automatically insert them into the map, or will they be text files hanging around in the directory?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And then the owner of that OS had a giant monopoly?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
And then the owner of that OS had a giant monopoly?

or we can hope that that OS is linux and the owner is the people (crap that's worse - that's communism!)

and we COULD just use something like java that is cross-platform compatible, and just say goodbye to the bonuses that come with windows (things like direct access to memory) since most compilers/IDE's don't really have that much of a need for high performance

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
On the subject of Moonlite, how are things going to work with making extra files? Is it going to automatically insert them into the map, or will they be text files hanging around in the directory?

Do you mean the project manager? The way you have a project is a project file telling Moonlite what files are included and what to do with them, and yes, the files hang around in a project directory. They get compiled into the map though.

and we COULD just use something like java that is cross-platform compatible, and just say goodbye to the bonuses that come with windows (things like direct access to memory) since most compilers/IDE's don't really have that much of a need for high performance

I don't like Java. I like C#. I like .NET. I like Windows.
Second, yes, IDE's need high performance. Extremely high performance. The text editors need to be fast.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
text editor's don't need "high performance" - games do, but not text editors - eclipse is written in java and isn't slow at all, because manipulating text just isn't resource intensive in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.