Announcing Moonlite - the next generation mapping tool for Warcraft III/Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
A text editor needs to be able to load large files. These can be anywhere from a few kilobytes, to several megabytes. While this isn't that difficult, what Vestras has made is a Syntax Highlighter. This needs to be able to load large files, AND color them, AND run all the other little thing such as Code Completion.
This is why it needs to be high preformance. Because it's doing so much, even a little bit of inefficent code can cause the whole program to fail

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
A text editor needs to be able to load large files. These can be anywhere from a few kilobytes, to several megabytes. While this isn't that difficult, what Vestras has made is a Syntax Highlighter. This needs to be able to load large files, AND color them, AND run all the other little thing such as Code Completion.
This is why it needs to be high preformance. Because it's doing so much, even a little bit of inefficent code can cause the whole program to fail

you still didn't say anything that eclipse doesn't already do without lag

inefficient coding can kill anything even in c#, but it's not like c++'s performance is THAT much compared to other languages, or like it matters much here

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Lyerae is right. Eclipse doesn't lag because it's doing a good job. Same as my text editor. Parsing and rendering takes a lot to make high performance, I had to rewrite all my rendering into Win32 GDI in order to increase the performance to an acceptable amount. (It increased the performance (which at that point already was somewhat good) by 500 times)

Moogle

Reaction score
When is this open beta coming out? Really really looking forward to this, especially since I got Andromeda bound to the editor with phynGal. Working on Notepad++ and the editors own syntax highlighter for code boxes is just plain sad.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
When is this open beta coming out? Really really looking forward to this, especially since I got Andromeda bound to the editor with phynGal. Working on Notepad++ and the editors own syntax highlighter for code boxes is just plain sad.

Unfortunately I am kind of relying on Gex, so I can't really tell exactly. He hasn't been online on Skype today, but he said he had a new release of Andromeda (one that fixes an issue in Moonlite) ready yesterday. Still awaiting that though.
When it has been released there's only a little bit of tweaking to do, then I can release the open beta.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He will just need to tweak Moonlite to function with Andromeda, change stuff around. And possibly other things, but I don't think so.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
He will just need to tweak Moonlite to function with Andromeda, change stuff around. And possibly other things, but I don't think so.

Yeah, something like this. Make sure the error and object parser works, then set up the error list to work with the error parser.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Okay, I have to ask.
Exactly what part of Linux/Wine won't be compatible?

Well, I haven't exactly tried, but I'm pretty sure I use some 4.0 methods that mono doesn't support. You can try installing mono and Wine and try to use Moonlite.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll definitely see if I can get it to work on Linux (at the very least, Ubuntu) once you've released the beta. :p

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, I don't see why it wouldn't work with WINE.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Basically, its all a matter of what classes/methods/members Wine has.
If Moonlite uses any of them that Wine doesn't have support yet, there will be bugs with the software.
If a method/class/member is important to the function of the software, but isn't supported, then the entire thing will not run, or crash right after opening.

HOWEVER.
Wine supports the majority of the .net framework. The only thing I think it doesn't is the more uncommon parts.
So, I'm thinking it should work, at least to some extent.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But doesn't WINE replicate classes it doesn't have by reading the context? Or is that not good enough for all programs?

Lyerae

Reaction score
I don't see how it could.
(PS: Read edit.)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Moonlite will be out this weekend. Gex is really ill so he can't work on Andromeda. He had the release almost done though, so it won't be long. Keep your hopes up! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.