System Anti-CheatPack System

SayNoToWar

Reaction score
thx, y seems to work now. just used GetHandleId instead of that T2I function and outcommented that funktion :thup:

Maplock souds nice, I guess its compatible with this system or? Double-Protection ftw ;)

Risen

Reaction score
This is actually a very neat system that will stop most map cheaters from inserting cheats into your map.
I recommend using it.

For those who want the code [working] just replace both of these functions with..
JASS:
                                                                                       private function T2I takes trigger t returns integer
    return t
    return 0
  endfunction

With..
JASS:
 private function T2I takes trigger t returns integer
     return GetHandleId( t )
  endfunction

However, having that message pop up makes the system rather easy to detect, simply replace it with
JASS:
call ExecuteFunc( "jdsigjidsfj" )
Which will, of course, crash the game.
Also; Why crash the game? First, it will ONLY crash when the map HAS BEEN modified, Secondly, Most cheaters will think that they made a script error, while in general, this system is doing the magic behind the scenes.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Why the heck is this graveyarded?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I've sortof given up on this system, if only because every solution can be circumvented. If you'd like to modify this system yourself and resubmit it as your own work I would not mind at all. Other than that, I don't feel like updating it myself or getting it approved at all.
That, I suppose.

Risen

Reaction score
It's true that every (public, I might add) protection can be beaten. But the real question is, by whom? The majority of map cheaters do follow the step-by-step instructions as everyone implies, so only the experienced users know how to find the protection.
So why not knock some people off the list?

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Actually, you could in essence put an anti cheat AI into the map and that'd prevent all forms of cheating ;)

It'd require the culprits rip out large portions of your map and recode other portions of your map, a lot of work for a small cheat, and at that point it'd be easier to crack a save/load code or this or that ; ).

Narks

Reaction score
Well, I guess I might take up this project. It would be interesting to develop a way to stop the common cheater.

Risen

Reaction score
Not sure if it will work or not, seeing as it hasn't been done before. But I say give it a go.

Narks

Reaction score
I think a 3rd party program to inject a random variation of this system would be required to stop cheaters. Just adding this will mean someone will make an instruction set on how to easily remove this. If it is more random, then the instructions will become very complex, and will turn most people off.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Base it off of a given handle count within the map making it unique to each map?

And base it on total players and various trigger strings.

Also, optimizer will obsfucate the code

Next, split initializers into different libraries and scopes making it more difficult =).

The idea here is to make the system so hard to remove that cracking a code or playing the game would actually be easier = )

Finally, store all the variables into the single array and give that array a definite size that way it's merged into a regular map array, making the actual variables impossible to remove : ).

All of these steps will ensure that removing the anti cheat system will be an extremely difficult task.

Oh yes, be sure to run it through KT2 or something and run multiple timer instances within it (16 times a second should be good with variance) will make it even more difficult to remove ; P. Finally, tying the actual map gameplay in with it will require that they remake some of the map. If you integrate it heavily within the map, removing it or disabling it will be next to impossible : ).

Designing this so that it is easy to use would be hard : (.

Narks

Reaction score
Good point. This would have barely no reduction at all, once people caught on, and released a new / modified cheatpack.

Risen

Reaction score
That would have to be a cheatpack without triggers, and if this is kept (private) then there wouldn't be a cheatpack modified for this cause. I'm a staff member of wc3e so I pretty much know what's going on, and I doubt there's ever going to be a new cheatpack released, since the cheatpacks today offer everything you'd possibly need in a map.

My best advice to you for protecting your map is to learn on how it works on the inside. I have a guide on it. Clicky!
There's two things to focus on when you're protecting a map, stopping deprotection, and stopping modification of the war3map.j.
Vex's Map Optimiser doesn't do anything nowadays, simple as gathering a listfile and having xdep deprotect for you. So the only way of dealing with this is mpq corruption, which can pretty much stop anyone who doesn't know the format of the mpq.

However, jass protection is more widespread, since there are thousands of ways to catch someone cheating, and inserting CP's are way more common than deprotecting.

I only fulfill deprotection requests on wc3e, since the majority of users merely wish to see what goes on inside of the map, or they wish to continue production after it's previous maker abandoned it.

I highly suggest inserting a cheatpack once, and deprotecting once, so you can familiarize yourself with the process, then you can think successively on map protection.

Also; Jesus your "Maplock" is actually really neat, does it still work? I think we could base something off of it.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Just a little hint: You should display the "This map is corrupted" - message NOT to the host, as HE presumably modified the map.
I know this sys is GY'd, but who knows what happens next :p

Risen

Reaction score
No, don't display a text, crash them.

If they are crashed they won't know what happened, a crash could be literally anything, they won't know it was an antihack system.

Also, if they're just playing the game to get high lvls / good items, and if they're just playing alone, what good would it do to display a message?

The crash would ONLY occur when a script modification is in effect.

Narks

Reaction score
Better would to cause a desync. The cheater wouldn't even know that the map doesn't work until it's too late...

Also, I think this can easily be circumnavigated by initialising the cheatpack after the main init (ie. by using TriggerSleepAction(1))

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
>That would have to be a cheatpack without triggers
this can easily be circumnavigated by initialising the cheatpack after the main init (ie. by using TriggerSleepAction(1))
Yea, that's what I was getting at.

MapLock is a brilliant solution and still works on 1.24b with some Preloader magic. :)
I think it will break on 1.24c, however. :(

Risen

Reaction score
Actually it would be way better to create a random timer that would execute between 15 - 90 seconds, then crash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.