any way to load maps faster?

soma_cruz20

Reaction score
Can anyone give me ways to load warcraft 3 frozen throne maps faster?
Twilight's eve ORPG takes about 5 minutes for my pc to load, by that time I either get disconnected or all the players have already left the game.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The map load speed is depending on how good your computer is. If you are experiencing load times that are too long it may be that your computer is not powerful enough to load them faster.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about downloading them when you join or really about the loading time of the game?
The first one is obviously dependent on your internet connection, the B-Net server and the connection of the host. The second is dependant on your hard drive, your RAM and CPU.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the map load time depends mostly on how large the map is in terms of size and pre-placed units/trees/terrain/etc. and amount of "map initialization" trigger events, but of course, running your map and wc3 off a SSD would also make it faster

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
the map load time depends mostly on how large the map is in terms of size and pre-placed units/trees/terrain/etc. and amount of "map initialization" trigger events, but of course, running your map and wc3 off a SSD would also make it faster

Or higher bandwidth or speed between the hard drive and memory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.