anyone ever find any nuon games

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
in a thrift store or a flea market. I myself have never found one. all of mine came from amazon courtesy of my wife

B

bones

Never, and I hit the local flea markets and thrift stores a good bit. Imagine it would be pretty uncommon to find them in the wild considering how few discs were produced. Heck just finding a Nuon player in the wild would be quite the score.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
Never, and I hit the local flea markets and thrift stores a good bit. Imagine it would be pretty uncommon to find them in the wild considering how few discs were produced. Heck just finding a Nuon player in the wild would be quite the score.

I actually did find a samsung 501 in a pawn shop. It works perfectly. I think I paid like 25 bucks for it about a year ago. I look all the time because I have been trying to find a sd2300 on the cheaps. I have never found any games tho

viMaster

Reaction score
I actually did find a samsung 501 in a pawn shop. It works perfectly. I think I paid like 25 bucks for it about a year ago. I look all the time because I have been trying to find a sd2300 on the cheaps. I have never found any games tho

I found one in the pawnshop as well. I paid about $40 for it. I still have it :D

L

landsmarra

I found a copy of Ballistic in a thrift store ;) Now I have two, whooppee!!

cdoty

Cool Member
Reaction score
in a thrift store or a flea market. I myself have never found one. all of mine came from amazon courtesy of my wife

I just found Ballistic today at a thrift store (for $1). It was quite a surprise. I've also found two Jaguar CD units there, and quite a few games.

S

Starflare5

I found a few....

Hi there,

found a few relatively cheap from a seller that has multiple copies on ebay.

Merlin Racing

And Freefall

I'll be putting my order in for a copy of each on my next payday (10/22/2008), so, save me a few, ok guys?

Hope this helps,
Starflare5

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
I am gonna have to pick up a couple. my kid ruined a couple of mine

O

Orion1024

Nice find indeed! Too bad they don't have any copies of T3K. I'm lucky I've got all the games except Tetris, but no biggie there. You guys do know you can copy the original discs, right? I tried copies of IS3 and T3K on my N-501 and they work no prob.

Matt Fisher

Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry to exhume this (very) old thread, but I found a copy of Ballistic at a thrift store the other day and could hardly believe it. OK, so it wasn't IS3, but I never thought I would find any NUON stuff at a thrift. Sorry, but I had to tell someone...

BTW, I've found all three of my players (501, 2000, and 2300) in the wild, but at pawn shops, not thrift shops, none for more than $20. I think the lessons are that (1) all "old" DVD players look the same to pawn shops and (2) DVD players are not something that people are willing to give away for free, at least not yet. I've passed up three more (all 2300s) at pawn shops because the controller port covers were gone and none had remotes.

Karyyk

Cool Member
Reaction score
Cool to see a post after all this time. Still no NUON in the wild for me, not since its launch anyways.

3DOMan

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Anybody is interested I know somebody selling a Toshiba model.

Matt Fisher

Cool Member
Reaction score
Found another copy of Ballistic over the weekend at a thrift store. Are people just now figuring out that their Nuon games won't work on the new BR player? Also, where's my IS3?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.